Dynamat et al Installation. For or (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ40Savvy

SILVER Star
Threads
Just picked up a Toyota floor mat for my FJ40 and wondering about installing Dynamat or other similar products before installing the floor mat. My 40 will not used for off-roading. Any thoughts for or against installing the dynamat? Any other options I should consider for managing the heat?
81046B3E-4F98-42A7-9094-8AE10E107F6E.jpeg

I see you are in Canada, I used a product I got off Amazon.ca. Noico
Look up their website they offer varying thicknesses. High quality product,
That being said, I don’t think anything will make a 40 quieter/cooler.
I always figured if it’s hot - remove the roof.

Anything you stick to the floor can trap water and create a rust-favoring environment. And Dynamat won't be great with heat control. I'm not sure I'd bother. You should have the factory tar product on the floor, which will be as effective as anything else for sound control.

Anything you stick to the floor can trap water and create a rust-favoring environment. And Dynamat won't be great with heat control. I'm not sure I'd bother. You should have the factory tar product on the floor, which will be as effective as anything else for sound control.
Do you know of any companies that make an equivalent tar like product available for sale (if not available from Toyota)?

I think OEMs use tar because it's cheap and easy to apply. There are heavy/ultra versions of most stick-on products, and I think those would be best on a floor. I would try to apply them to flat continuous metal areas without seams, to prevent water trapping. You also don't need to cover 100% of the floor area to reduce noise. Read the manufacturer's instructions. I can't imagine Toyota sells the tar pieces, but a place like Partsouq might show that.

I used Dynamat for the inside of my tub to reduce noise and heat - carpet on top. Ten plus years and looks good as new and did help with both noise and heat. I run a hard top, so I don’t get water inside the cab.

I would say pulling it up would require some work, so you really need to make sure you want go down that path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom