Dying After Battery Change (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All fine now, but I just put a new Odyssey battery in, and for a minute or so after the the swap it wouldn't idle, just died. Haven't had a car do that before in hundreds of battery disconnect/reconnects over the last forty years, but then again I've never done it in a car this old before, lol.

Pretty sure it was relearning after the battery disconnect reset everything to new/baseline but not sure what is likely so far out of spec. Maybe the MAF? Doesn't really matter I guess, just curious what ya'll think. Thanks!

That's what I though at first too, but it's all buttoned up as it should be, and it's working fine now. It just needed me to stay on the gas and drive it for a few minutes. First it was dying, then idling rough, then right back to normal. It really seemed like it just reverted to the original map and needed time to kind of reset itself. I've never seen that though, was really strange.

The truck has 285k on it, so my guess is that enough stuff is worn or out spec that it's probably having to make adjustments. Pretty sure it was air/fuel mix out of range, so wondering if it's maybe compensating for aging injectors or a worn MAF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom