DuraTrac + ATX Chamber = Bumble's New Boots (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked them up today, 285/75/16 DuraTracs on the black teflon Chamber wheels. So far, everything I have read about the tires was exactly right, quieter than my last set of BGF A/Ts and really stable on the road. I haven't had time yet to test off road traction but I suspect it will be pretty solid. Sunday will bring the 861/862 upgrade to make for a pretty cool weekend. To those who will ask, the truck was named Bumble after the Abominable Snowman from the old Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer movie from decades ago.
frnt  quarter 1.jpg

Very clean rig ... im digging those wheels ... a lot !

Thanks
American Racing's ATX Chamber, one of the very few direct fit options I could find, fortunately it's pretty much exactly what I wanted, and fairly cheap too.

Sweet I like the look of dark wheels. :cool:

That front bumper looks like it has a pedestrian chopping device sticking out of it!:clap:

More wheel Pics!

:clap:

Thanks all
I was thinking from other pics of the sidewalls they were going to be a little "balooney" (if thats even a word) but was pleased that the 285's were actually pretty squared as far as the profile, It's kind of an optical illusion
front1.jpg
profile 1.jpg
front2.jpg

Correction - ZOMBIE chopping device.

-Phil
A friend of mine who drives a Prius asked me last night if I was going to a monster truck rally, I told him I was just getting ready for 2012 when the aliens come back. There will be a roller bolted under that chopping device fairly soon so it should stuff/deflect zombies under the truck more than chop them up

Love my Duratracs man. Did a 7k km roadtrip down to Mammoth through the a****** of el niño late April and they handled sleet, ice (going slow, of course) and 2' deep snow - no sweat. Best all round tires I've owned.

slee 80 first gen
nicely done

nice wheels too

Yep, those are nice looking tires...but I really like the wheels !!!

Love the 1st gen SLEE bumper.....nice

Longevity? My Dueler A/Ts have now hit 85k. Hard to give up that kind of usage even if they are A/Ts

Yep, those are nice looking tires...but I really like the wheels !!!

Love the 1st gen SLEE bumper.....nice

The bumper is choice, the impression I got was that my chance at one might be gone if I didn't jump on it. Delayed on the OME instal, unfortunately I wont get the chance to get it on until Monday night, I have a problem with patience.

HOLY 85K!!! is there anything left or are you running on the belts now.

Not even close. I could easily get 100k out of them. In fact I had a perpetually deflating tire but I was out of the country so my wife took the truck in to Tire Pros and the guy told her he would just fix the leak (three nails) and that she still had about 10-12k left on the tires at the rate we are going.

Longevity? My Dueler A/Ts have now hit 85k. Hard to give up that kind of usage even if they are A/Ts

GW doesn't warranty them for tread life, but I'm pretty sure most of the tires we run don't have that kind of warranty. The compound seems fairly soft, based on nothing more than my own experience and mental gymnastics I'd say they are likely to be 40-50K tire at best. I'm fine with 40K, thats 3 years driving for me, $800 every 3 years isn't that bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom