Duralast Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I can see the link doesn't work unless you register at their site: Here is the options to choose from for a 77 FJ40 for alternators.

ALTERNATOR for a
1977 TOYOTA TRUCK LAND CRUISER

DURALAST-IMPORT
60 AMP 14540 LLT $10.00 $34.99

BECK/ARNLEY
40 AMP 186-0238 3 MO $5.00 $52.99

BECK/ARNLEY
45 AMP 186-0085 3 MO $5.00 $58.99

Go for it.

Good luck!

-Steve

well I bought it and installed it today. Came with the wrong pully. Swapped it with the old one. I think my problem is the Voltage Reg. Ordered one from SOR today. Also found a wiring problem from the PO that wasn't helping. Hopefully the Volt Reg will clear up my last issue. They recommend swapping that when you replace the alt. I also replaced the alt belt.
At night with the lights on, when I am at a stop and idling low, The lights dim and the blinker, mostly the left one, stops blinking unless I rev the gas or pull out the choke to increase the idle.

Sounds like you have your bases covered...

Good luck!

-Steve

FWIW...I popped for the upgraded headlight wiring harness (got it from Slee for both my fj60 and fzj80). I got them so that I could run higher watt bulbs - but to my suprise on my 60 all the lights are brighter, and I get less "dimming" at idle. It makes sense, thinking about it, but I didn't expect it. My voltage still drops at idle, but the lights don't dim as much.

You can also use the alternator from an early 80s Celica. The one I have is 65 Amps and bolted right in on my 73. Not sure about fit on the later year FJs. It was inexpensive as well.

BTW it has an internal regulator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom