Durabak spray on frame but what about inside frame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
After painting my frame with 1 step, I'm thinking I'm gonna spray Durabak liner on it but what about the inside of the frame rails? Sorta rusty in there but not pitted or anything bad. Should I 1-Step the inside as well then Durabak? I have a spray can of 1 Step for touch ups, but the brush on is heavier and requires less coats....

Thoughts?

box section

Undercoating Gun (BS/A WB)

There are purpose built guns for undercoating with wands that should have no prob with duraguard but I am not sure how effective cleaning it would be afterwards ---that stuff sticks like glue

also you could consider POR 15 or WAXOYL or a variety of other products for those areas

If i could not sand it down I would high pressure spray it and clean it out good with TSP then maybe a rust converter prior to coating it

After painting my frame with 1 step, I'm thinking I'm gonna spray Durabak liner on it but what about the inside of the frame rails? Sorta rusty in there but not pitted or anything bad. Should I 1-Step the inside as well then Durabak? I have a spray can of 1 Step for touch ups, but the brush on is heavier and requires less coats....

Thoughts?

I would not put Durabak on the frame, it may peel off. I would stick to POR15 or equal. Also why would you put Durabak on it? Everything will stick to it. Also Durabak cost more than POR 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom