DURABAK........i love this stuff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
finished phase 3 of the interior...the durabak is installed...i sprayed the product with a harbor frieght gun at about 90 psi...did not thin...prep included wire brush all areas and prime....wiped all down with xeylone(sp)....masked and started spraying...really nice product..thought about rolling but i really like the look of the spray on....kinda messy.....and dont get it on your hands...i still have'nt gotten it all off. i would definetly use this product again.
osagecruiser
durabak.JPG
durabak2.JPG
durabak3.JPG

how much did you use? i can never freaking find the gray color, mines black and i wanna put some gray down...

nice job by the way

i used just under a gallon.....i have about half a quart left for touch ups..bought the material from the durabak website....they have lots of colors...took about a week to get once i ordered it....i think it was about 119.00.

osagecruiser

the part number for that gun is

central pneumatic....43761-ovga

make sure you order the bottle that goes with it...i did not and ended up at the hardware store buy root killer just so i could have a bottle that would work with the gun.....:doh:

i dont know the part number for the bottle...

spray it dont roll it...you will like it better

osagecruiser

Osagecruiser

that looks alot like mine. I did roll mine, looks like I sprayed it.

Last edited:
oh one other item...the temp here when i started was probably around 32...used some portable heat and had no problem....finish up at 4:30...just checked it and it was still a little tacky...just thought the temp info would be helpful..
osagecruiser

scott
dude thats alot of durabak...looks sweet.....probably pretty durable
osagecruiser

Looks just like my interior now. Did you get the UV protectant version, or non-UV?

non uv...i kinda view that as a maintenance item...starts to go bad or look bad..i will reapply a coat..as easy as it is to do..it could be a winter project...this cruiser will never be done anyway...my son keeps adding to his want list..i figure in 6 years when he leaves for college it may be complete...just the way HE wants it.:eek:

osagecruiser

My whole cruiser is durabak as well. Got the UV protection. The stuff is great.

Last edited:
Durabak

OK Mark you have inspired me. I was planing on having my tub Linexed, but I might go the route you chose. I have a 3M shutz gun but i dont have any bottles do you know if they are available at Harbor Freight? I didnt notice any info on UV on the Durabak site. Did you use the accelerator?I noticed you didnt remove your trany cover is that going to cause problems? Thanks again it looks great

shotgun

i dont know anything about uv durabak....i went to the hardware store and found a plastic bottle of root killer...the mouth and threads were just the right size for my gun...need any root killer...i'll make you a heck of a deal....i really did'nt see a need to remove the tranny hump...don't know what kinda of problems it could cause...guess maybe i'll find out...no i did'nt use any accelerator....just let it dry at its own speed...it took about 2 days to dry completely...started reinstalling interior parts tonight...gas tank...heat...rear heater....got new seats but have to modify brackets...i set one and called jake out to try it out...he loves it!...want it done...hurry dad....if i hear those two words one more time i think i will loose my mind!
good luck
any questions don't hesitate to call...i'm in the book

osagecruiser

I used the HF gun with a gatorade bottle ...

stuff worked great for me as well
Durabak a.jpg

sweeet a gatorade bottle....at least that woulda been cheaper...and i couldve drunk the gatorade..
osagecruiser

So how durable is this stuff compared to the polyurathane brand X stuff??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom