Dumpster Diving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A friend of mine works at the local battery store. He asked me if I wanted any Anderson style 50A connectors, they were about to throw them in the dumpster. Of course I said, "YES!". He asked me how many I wanted. I said I would take all of them. Well, I am now in possession of about 300+ connectors. Most have short "pig tail" wires with ring terminals, some have longer pairs of wires for connecting to two batteries. Some have the fancy white pull strap. Google Anderson SB50 connectors for more info.
Most of the connectors I got are Anderson like connectors made by other companies. Anderson was the first to make them, thus they got the name, just like Xerox for photocopy and Kleenex for tissue.

a.jpg

Needless to say, even I can't use all of these. So, I would like to offer them to club members. And, in an effort to minimize greed (I have heard stories about previous "free give aways" where some took more than their share), I would like to "sell" these at $1 each with the proceeds going to the club, minus the cost of a case of beer for my friend who gave me the connectors (and maybe a case for me, too).

The connectors can be used as is, the existing wires can be spiced to other wires or the contacts can be replaced so your wires will attach directly to the contacts, crimped or soldered. I prefer soldering. That way the contacts can be reused. The contacts are about $0.75 each when bought in packs of 10 on eBay.

Clipboard01.jpg

The connectors are rated for 50 Amps, that is the plug in hot rating. They will handle more than 50A if the load is turned on after they are plugged in.

Note: the colors must match. For example, a red connector will not plug into a grey connector.

How many do you want?????

Please let me know if you have any questions about the connectors or any thoughts, comments, criticisms, obscene remarks or rude gestures regarding my idea for the $1 each fund raiser.

Ed

Count me in for a dozen mated pairs.

If you're willing to include fellow clubs in the area (Keystone Cruisers), I'd be down for a dozen as well.

I'll take a couple sets. They come in very handy.

I don't know what I'll do with them yet but I can't pass on this opportunity so put me down for a couple of sets. Do I just look for 50A connectors on eBay or do I need a brand name?

Pick up at CMCC?

Ill take a couple . Will be at CMCC next week.

If you can mudship these or hold them till your swap meet I would be in for 20 of them. I am not in a hurry and will not be making Coal Miners this year.

Thanks,
Rob

I can paypal or mail you the money if you want.

Good to meet you, Ed and Jon. Thank you for the connectors!

Hey plfj40, we have the connectors at CMCC. Stop by the green canopy in the tenting area along the treeline overlooking the trailer parking area. Look for a tall geeky looking guy, that will be Ed.
Ill take a couple . Will be at CMCC next week.

would like 4 pairs (so 8 pc's i can make 4 disconnects) please Ed.

Edit: I'll buy you a beer as thank you for always thinking of us at the next meeting i see you!

Hey plfj40, we have the connectors at CMCC. Stop by the green canopy in the tenting area along the treeline overlooking the trailer parking area. Look for a tall geeky looking guy, that will be Ed.
Damn, completely spaced out and forgot about this. Just checked mud. I was right in the family cabin on the field side. O well , thanks, anyway.

bummed i just saw this....I'd be interested in a handful.

Sorry, been out of touch for a while.
So far:
@Stumpalama - delivered
@PAToyota - delivered
@Jakes40 - "couple of sets" reserved
@76FJ40 - delivered
@plfj40 - "couple" reserved. Sorry, missed you at CMCC, what do we do now?
@matzell - 20 reserved
@Devilmans Hand - 12 reserved
@hakalugi - 8 reserved
@Betteron2wheels - 10 to 30 reserved
@TLEX - "few" reserved
@bkfj40 - "handful" enroute via @StaleAle
Did I mess anyone?
I will bring them to the next meeting.
I may be getting more on Sunday, stay tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom