dumb question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
sorry about this dumb question , but how do i know if my sterring stablizer is still fuctioning? the road aroun here suck, so i am constantly weaving around manholes, potholes, and the like. it looks like the original, which would make it 21 years old.
also, ang sugestions on what to replace it with? would a bad stablizer account for uneven tire wear?

hammer

Yes, it's worn out and no it shouldn't effect tire wear. Replace with OEM or OME. Look to yer front end for alignment issues, worn knuckles or wheel bearings.

So are you weaving or is the truck weaving?? If it is the stablizer it is a pretty cheap fix. I would go with an aftermarket.

im weaving in and out of the bobm craters that the raod in NJ seem to have.
whats the best one to get?

hammer1 said:
im weaving in and out of the bobm craters that the raod in NJ seem to have.
whats the best one to get?
Either a OEM or OldManEmu. I would tend to think the OldManEmu is much cheaper. As i recall the OEM from SOR is around $200. You can get some others prolly a bit cheaper than the OldMan, like a Rancho or Heckelthorne, but i personlly dont think they are as good.

god, this thing needs spellcheck.
my writing looks like my 6 year olds!

Contact CruiserDan for the price on the OEM (gets confusing with OME and OEM, doesn't it?) - He's here on the board and gives a discount to board members. PM him for best response time. If you go to the vendors section, you can find his info there - works for American Toyota in NM, and he'll send you a quote. Great to work with, knows his chit, and will cut you a deal, what else can you ask for?

(I bought a gasket from him for $12 that SOR was selling for $22 - and Dan's was from Toyota!) - I think the OEM stabilizer is cheaper OEM, let us know what you find out though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom