dumb question

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by hammer1, Jun 23, 2005.

1. hammer1

hammer1

sorry about this dumb question , but how do i know if my sterring stablizer is still fuctioning? the road aroun here suck, so i am constantly weaving around manholes, potholes, and the like. it looks like the original, which would make it 21 years old.
    also, ang sugestions on what to replace it with? would a bad stablizer account for uneven tire wear?

hammer

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, it's worn out and no it shouldn't effect tire wear. Replace with OEM or OME. Look to yer front end for alignment issues, worn knuckles or wheel bearings.

3. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    So are you weaving or is the truck weaving?? If it is the stablizer it is a pretty cheap fix. I would go with an aftermarket.

4. hammer1

hammer1

im weaving in and out of the bobm craters that the raod in NJ seem to have.
    whats the best one to get?

5. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    Either a OEM or OldManEmu. I would tend to think the OldManEmu is much cheaper. As i recall the OEM from SOR is around $200. You can get some others prolly a bit cheaper than the OldMan, like a Rancho or Heckelthorne, but i personlly dont think they are as good.

6. hammer1

hammer1

god, this thing needs spellcheck.
    my writing looks like my 6 year olds!

7. swank60

swank60

Contact CruiserDan for the price on the OEM (gets confusing with OME and OEM, doesn't it?) - He's here on the board and gives a discount to board members. PM him for best response time. If you go to the vendors section, you can find his info there - works for American Toyota in NM, and he'll send you a quote. Great to work with, knows his chit, and will cut you a deal, what else can you ask for?

(I bought a gasket from him for $12 that SOR was selling for $22 - and Dan's was from Toyota!) - I think the OEM stabilizer is cheaper OEM, let us know what you find out though!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.