dumb newbie headlight switch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JJS

Threads
is there anyone who sells a cheap replacement for the push/pull headlight switch? basically, i'm trying to find a universal 3-pos 5-contact fused 12v switch, and google's not turning up anything. painless has a similar gm replacement, but it's a little more than i'd like to spend on a switch. toyota has it available for the reasonable sum of $150. :rolleyes: i can easily rig up something if not.

i would assume they are the same. i'll shoot you a pm.

Hey JJS, I just purchased an Echlin push/pull headlight switch from my local NAPA store. It has five terminals on the back; Batt, Dash, Tail, Head, and Park. Even comes complete with a 30 amp fuse. Part # HL6049. Cost $8.54 Hope this helps.

thanks for the help, i'll hit up napa this week. they told me they didn't have anything like that before, so i'll make sure to have that part number.

i will try to get some good pictures of my cruiser. it's pretty close to being done.

i bought a few from cruiserparts.net a while back. the reason i bought a few was they kept sending me switches that didn't work, but they finally got me a good one-i believe with a pretty reasonable price too. anyway, not a new switch, but oem.

JJS;

These switches are reparable. U can take them apart (don't lose the springs), clean them up and ur good to go.

dfmorse said:
JJS;

These switches are reparable. U can take them apart (don't lose the springs), clean them up and ur good to go.

i've repaired it a few times. the slot for the slide on the box got mangled, probably from me pulling too hard. :rolleyes: i've tried a few different methods, but none will hold the thing together for long. i'm tired of friggin' with it. i grabbed the hl-6049 switch from napa today, and it worked fine.

I bought one for a Datsun 240z......Sorry all purists.......and it worked. More expensive then the Echlin, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom