Dumb computer help needed.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Windows XP, My son has logged in as the computer administrator and it took some hacking to get here to ask this stupid question. How do I delete his *** where the rest of the family can use this thing (of course he has no clue:rolleyes:)...

What's a ***?

Starts with an a, (maybe I need to clarify for the slow folks)..:flipoff2:

You can set up another user as an administrator, then render the old account to either a plain user or delete it. I have all of my family use user accounts only. Admin is only used for updates and installs. It's an added protection against hackers, spyware and malware. If something does get past the anti-virus and compromises the computer, just delete the account and create a new one.

Oh and we probably shouldn't post anything to assist in you deleting your son. :lol:

Buy yourself a mac and leave the pc crap to your son. :D

You can set up another user as an administrator, then render the old account to either a plain user or delete it. I have all of my family use user accounts only. Admin is only used for updates and installs. It's an added protection against hackers, spyware and malware. If something does get past the anti-virus and compromises the computer, just delete the account and create a new one.

I need the "go here, click on this, hit delete, enter OK" type instructions..:hillbilly:

Buy yourself a mac and leave the pc crap to your son. :D

What's a mac?

:lol:

left click start menu, left click control panel, left click user account, From this you can create a new account setup as admin. Then follow the same steps and delete his old account. Or u can do it from the user accounts without closing it all out.

linky to microsoft. for setup and deleting
Windows XP: Create and customize user accounts

How to use Windows XP: Deleting a User Account

Mac's are great for people who can't get the hang of PC's :)

cheap MAC = hackintosh

^^^^^ What he said.

Well, I'm proficient in pc and mac, and I'll never own another pc. PC is for sheeple :flipoff2:

I'll never own a regular PC again. Viruses and Spyware, all that pop up crap. Never again. I've had a 13" macbook and now the 15" macbook pro, it is the best for creative type of people, and I dont have to install a bunch of protection to slow it down.

It's a way to solve a simple problem by spending the most cash possible.

cheap MAC = hackintosh

macs are like land cruisers, expensive but superior in every way and trouble free. pc are like
jeeps cheap plentiful but inferior. pc owner like jeep owners spend a lot of time trying to belittle
the superior product in and effort to deflect attention from their poor choice of equipment....

:flipoff2:

I work with just about every OS for residential and business clients and I've cursed at them all. Getting in to a Mac / PC discussion never ends. I started on a Apple II / Mac and use a PC mostly today. I currently use a mac, hack, PC, UNIX, Linux box and they all have there own personal advantages to me ...
IE and windows do have security holes and they are targeted heavily because of the large market share the PC has. But, I think as the market share grows the security holes in Mac will see more attacks.
I've seen many not vary creative types using mac's and I've seen very creative types refuse to ever use a computer. It's the user, always is always will be. Just like the driver in a wheeler.

hijack over...

hackintosh.com = inexpensive way to make a Mac OS work on your on home build.

Last edited:
left click start menu, left click control panel, left click user account, From this you can create a new account setup as admin. Then follow the same steps and delete his old account. Or u can do it from the user accounts without closing it all out.

linky to microsoft. for setup and deleting
Windows XP: Create and customize user accounts

How to use Windows XP: Deleting a User Account

cheap MAC = hackintosh

What he said... easy to create additional user accounts... hope this helped!

Had to walk away from the slomo last night, round 2 tonight...

Thanks for the links Bwarde and medtro, for your reccomendations..:cheers:

no update from you for a week :eek:

After several hours and lots of grumbling we're cool...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom