Dull Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering what you guys have done to your headlights to make them brighter? The lights on my cruiser are crap yellowey colour and not very bright. Any tips on how to make them brighter would be appreciated.

goto a junk yard and pick up a set of HID ballists from a newer(02-06) nissian maxima and set of HID bulbs or xeon bulbs for your truck.. The light will be bright white and look like the KC Daylighter lights

vb_keg1 said:
I was wondering what you guys have done to your headlights to make them brighter? The lights on my cruiser are crap yellowey colour and not very bright. Any tips on how to make them brighter would be appreciated.

Clean the plugs and contacts at the back of the headlight.
Also the fuse contact and battery terminals.

The reflectors in the 60 lights are not as good as the modern HELLAs. I drool over them as they are 50$ a piece. Also my lights are brighter after replacing my alternator, battery and battery ground wire.

vb_keg1 said:

Very common problem. Sticky FAQ has lots of info...start here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=12576

Also do a search for terms like "e-code" & "hella" & "cibie."

two things you can do.

Get some of the silvania silverstar sealed beam bulbs - very nice clean white light. I had those and they are a BIG improvement.

Then I got some IPF H4 lenses from rocky mountain 4x4 (50ish for set) and the fat bulbs. The fat bulbs are EXPENSIVE, but very nice. I might try some regular silverstars in those when they burn out. The biggest diff is the lenses - much better pattern, a great upgrade. and about 1/2 price of the hellas.

hth

rob

For me, the biggest improvement was upgrading the wiring harness. I got nearly a full volt increase in the aftermarket harness which made the bulbs much less yellow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom