DUI HEI Ignition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Does anyone run this distributor? I am thinking that it would be cheaper than buying a new ignitor plus I like the idea of a HEI unit, however I have heard about others who rig the GM HEI units and have some trouble with the cam gear.
http://www.man-a-fre.com/feature_items/duidist.htm

Thanks

I run the HEI and followed Jeremy's tech article in "Tech Links" on this board and had no trouble. I think it made a big difference, starts through the entire powerband. The DUI is similar but the diz has been curved especially for the LC. Which,BTW is not all that different than a 225-250 Chevy, where my HEI came from.
I like no points.
GL
Ed :)
Oh yeah, total cost was <$80

There were a lot of posts here a couple of months ago, but the search engine does not seem to be working. You can do a search on Pirate and use HEI or just do electronic ignition. The Petronix won't work for the 74 and beyond. JT Outfitters has a Mels kit that will work. If you go to the tech links page, under electrical there are a couple of articles by Jim C that would be useful. He thinks the Dist from an 81 LC is the best choice. Landpimp also posted something today about putting in an elec dist in his 45.
You are at the same point I was two months ago My points are still OK, so I am waiting until after I get my soft top. If you pick a solution, make sure you let us know how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom