DUI DISTRIBUTOR and weber carb info FOR Early 1967 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, new to the forum. Quick question Im in the process of getting a new carb most likely a weber from SOR
But does the DUI distributor work for the early 1967 fj40 ? Ive seen on websites its for 68 and up. Is anyone running one?
Thank you so much, the current set up im using is not working and my fj is no longer running.

Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 8.58.52 PM.png

image0.JPG

image1.JPG

not sure a weber is going to work with the siamese intake.

why not find a D40 carb and use it? you will be much happier

for the distributor, you could go with a petronix unit in place of the points

My first choice would be to stick with the stock carb, and get the 'non-USA' vac advance distributor.

There is an adapter for the Weber, but that fork in the road is probably about as much uphill as getting your original setup working well? @65swb45

not sure a weber is going to work with the siamese intake.

why not find a D40 carb and use it? you will be much happier

for the distributor, you could go with a petronix unit in place of the points

ill be on the look out for a d40, are you running that electronic ignition? how do you like it.

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 9.29.05 AM.png

My first choice would be to stick with the stock carb, and get the 'non-USA' vac advance distributor.

There is an adapter for the Weber, but that fork in the road is probably about as much uphill as getting your original setup working well? @65swb45
do you have a link to where i can see that 'non-USA' vac advance distributor for sale for the 67?

Thanks for the nod @Dizzy. I have two rebuilt D40s on the shelf at the moment, along with vacuum advance distributors. @VTGWHTLNE, there should be a pic of the dizzy on either my specials page or Section 010 of my catalogue.

www.marksoffroad.net

You are welcome to call the shop to discuss. I don’t do PMs. Thanks

ill be on the look out for a d40, are you running that electronic ignition? how do you like it.

View attachment 2451027
My '64 has a '68 engine and I have both a Weber carb and an H.E.I. ignition. They both work great.
The truck came with the Weber but if it had the original carb like yours I would just replace that and keep yours as a spare.
I see no need to get into replacing the accelerator pedal assembly unless yours is broken or worn beyond any repair.
Your pedal assembly can probably be repaired with OEM parts to work as good as new for little money.
The Pertronix electronic ignition is a great upgrade if you aren't happy with the points but points work just fine, too.

Last edited:
I run a Sniper 2GC fuel injection system and the DUI Distributor with live wires on my Original 64 1F.

Runs like a champ!

Thanks for the nod @Dizzy. I have two rebuilt D40s on the shelf at the moment, along with vacuum advance distributors. @VTGWHTLNE, there should be a pic of the dizzy on either my specials page or Section 010 of my catalogue.

www.marksoffroad.net

You are welcome to call the shop to discuss. I don’t do PMs. Thanks
awesome i left a voicemail with my phone number so you can call me back! thanks dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom