Dudes! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dudes... I just came across a smokin deal on some Nokian Vativa tires. They are brand spanking new. Guy just put them on his truck and then blew the engine. Last I priced these tires at this size I think it was going to run me about 800 bucks.... guy said he would sale them to me for 350 bucks... they are 265/75/16... so i would need to get a set of 16 inch rims..thats about a 31.5x10.5 tire. what offset would i need?

ahh yah fur sur dude... was out over the weekend and the waves were so rad... 6 feet in my face wind blowing sloppy... out on my long board... just cruizin..

hahaha

Ok... I was out today and there was this older person. He had a brand new set of four tires. They are size 265/75/16's. That comes out to about 31.5 inch outside diameter and almost 10.5 inches wide. The tires are made by Nokian. Nokian manufactures the worlds best winter tires. Bridgestone bought a small precentage into the Nokian coampany so they could use some of the Nokian technology in the Bridgestone winter tires. The Nokian series is the Vativa. Its a truck/suv tire. They are extremely good tires. Normally a set of four tires in the size stated would be between 700 and 800 dollars. The fellow that owns the tires just recently installed them on his diesel truck. Then some how he killed the engine. I just happened to see the truck and the tires and walked up and asked him. He said he would sale me the tires for 350 dollars. They only have like 4000 miles on them. Still look new. This is an extremely good deal. Only problem is I will need to buy a set of 16 inch rims. offset? Or what is recommended?

http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/tires_popup.cfm?id=36

Last edited:
never even heard of them before???anyone else ever hear of them?

Used to have a nokian, but on my mtb bike. Of course, that was only 2.25" wide, studded, and cost about $60. I live in the desert, so it didn't get much use. For bikes at least, they made expensive, grippy tires with very soft compounds. Tires often came in odd colors, like blue.

Don't know about the tires - but 16" wheels are hard to find with the proper BS for a 40/55. Your best bet would be to custom order a set from Summit (you need 16x8, 6 on 5.5 w/ 3.5" BS - at least for disk). Otherwise - I think Junk has a set of split rims off his 45 on eBay right now.

Good luck!

Tucker

I ran a set of Nokian Hakka 1's for two seasons. Awesome traction. R&D is done in Norway. They have a massive track to test the tires on vehicles on snow and ice. This is one of the reasons Bridgestone bought into the company. I think it was like 18%. Enought to share the technology. My mercedes deisel had bridgestone snow tires on it. We drove the jetta diesel most the time because the tires had much better traction. Going to check on horses on a road that is mud, slushy snow and ice... we drove the jetta tdi with no issues. folks in 4x4 trucks thought we were crazy but we drove thru those conditions like they weren't even there. These are top quality tires. The Vatiiva looks like it would make a decent A/T tire. Similiar to the Yokohama Geolandar's of which I have ran three sets.

So do you guys think that mid to late 1990's 16" Tacoma rims might work on the pig? What about the 16" Isuzu rims? Ive only seen photo's but I dont know what the offset is on either rim.

Nokian Hakkapeliitta tires ARE the best winter tires in the world. No other tire can compare to their snow and ice traction (on road type conditions, not deep off road snow). I've been considering getting a set of Hakkapeliitta 10LT's for my FJ62 for winter only - the biggest size available is 31x10.5.

I think you would need a set of rims off an 05 tacoma(maybe tundra) they changed the backspace on these, I know this becuase I tried to install the rims of my 00' tundra on my 05 taco and they didn't work, they also didn't work on my pig but the rims that came stock on my 05 fit on the pig. I looked into the situation and it was confirmed that the 05 has a new back spacing. I would check with some of the wheel and tire shops they get people that don't want the stock wheels all the time. My father-in-law had all 4 wheels stolen from his jeep and was able to get brand new ones with tires for around 100 dollars; ugly steel but who realy cares.

ugly steel can be painted black, grey, etc... i just need to find a set of 16 inch rims with the proper backspacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom