Wanted Dual Vacuum Advance for 1985 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a nice re-curved dizzy from Jim C, but the primary advance vacuum port leaks, so no advance and a vacuum leak if I leave it hooked up. So of course it is just capped now.

I am looking to purchase a working dual vac advance to replace that part. If anyone has a part, or a lead on a part, I would really appreciate a reply.

there was a thread in the tech section about a place in Canada who would go thru and rebuild the distributor, of course that doesn't work for you but maybe they will sell just the advance.

I just tried searching and found this thread: FJ60 Dizzy Rebuild with Vacuum Advance

If I had a good advance, I'd have to sell it for the price of the distributor as the distributor is useless without a good advance

Last edited:
Thanks, great thread, I’ll contact them to find out.

By the way, what would you ask for an entire distributor with a working dual advance?

there was a thread in the tech section about a place in Canada who would go thru and rebuild the distributor, of course that doesn't work for you but maybe they will sell just the advance.

I just tried searching and found this thread: FJ60 Dizzy Rebuild with Vacuum Advance

If I had a good advance, I'd have to sell it for the price of the distributor as the distributor is useless without a good advance

What would you charge for a working dizzy Paul?

right now, I don't have a good extra working unit.

Well, thanks for looking!

started cleaning the parts storage and I did find a good unit tucked away on a shelf. You'd understand if you've seen my storage area.

I have, so I do understand :) I assume you found a complete distributor, not just the advance?

just the vacumn pod,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom