Dual TC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for get lower gearing for crawling.
Have a spare TC.
Can 2 toyota TC's be used together?

One piece cases? No.

Split Land Cruiser Case? No.

Toybox in front of either? Yes.

Just go Orion.....

Good luck!

-Steve

can u explain a lil' bit more about dual TC with hilux tcs? I've a split tc & nobody can confirm if there are lower gears (4.0:1) & lower for it?

it'd be good if you could enlighten me? My truck is a 2001 HZJ79 series Land Cruiser pickup. 1HZ-R151F engine-transmission combo.

thanks in advance

lloyd_lluvbullet said:
can u explain a lil' bit more about dual TC with hilux tcs? I've a split tc & nobody can confirm if there are lower gears (4.0:1) & lower for it?

it'd be good if you could enlighten me? My truck is a 2001 HZJ79 series Land Cruiser pickup. 1HZ-R151F engine-transmission combo.

thanks in advance

There are low range gearsets available from Marks ADapters in Australia for your application.

http://www.marks4wd.com/Cruiser-Crawler.htm

Be prepared for sticker shock

what else?

Gumby said:
NP203 gear boxes can be adapted to any of the LC transfers for a 1.99:1 or 4:1 gear.

Can't put two LC boxes together.

What else is needed?
The NP203's are not that expensive. Been researching this but can't seem to figure out exactly what else is needed. I'm know you need and adapter but which one? The write up in the Tech link doen't say (or I just missed it)

I know an Orion would be better but this shouldn't cost nearly as much after all have to do it without wife knowing how much !
:crybaby:

kdink79 said:
What else is needed?
The NP203's are not that expensive. Been researching this but can't seem to figure out exactly what else is needed. I'm know you need and adapter but which one? The write up in the Tech link doen't say (or I just missed it)

I know an Orion would be better but this shouldn't cost nearly as much after all have to do it without wife knowing how much !
:crybaby:

While a crawler box is neat and all, you will spend the same, if not more money making it work than going to an Orion....

Hi All:

I have one buddy with the Orion, and one with the NP203 doubler kit, both in FJ40s.

The Orion is a *much* simpler install that the NP203 doubler! The Orion is a direct replacement of the existing transfer case, while the doubler kit requires two adaptor plates, custom shift linkages, the low-range section of the NP203, and custom driveshafts.

If Advance Adaptors has fixed the issues that have bedeviled the Orion I'd vote for that option.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom