dual purpose CB mount + snorkel question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of shopping for a CB to do the ashtray mod. I've found a kit that looks to be a good deal (Uniden Pro510XL Off-Road CB Package - $119.95) and am going to upgrade to the 520xl. Currently my OEM antenna is bent over and not operating properly, so I figured I could install a CB antenna there with dual function. I've been searching to find an 80 owner who has installed a CB antenna in the OEM antenna location that has a snorkel. I've found 60 series that have done it with wagongear's kit (Antenna Mount) but don't know if it will work with my 80. I've shot an email out to Kevin but figured I'd ask here as well.... Has anyone completed this or something like it?

I was thinking you have a rear bumper/tire carrier don't you? Couldn't you mount your antenna on there?

I have been putting off getting a CB but I need to do something here keep us posted on what you do.

I was thinking you have a rear bumper/tire carrier don't you? Couldn't you mount your antenna on there?

I have been putting off getting a CB but I need to do something here keep us posted on what you do.

I do have a rear bumper I can mount it to, but wanted to replace my OEM antenna as well - I just figured I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone... so to speak. I'm 95% sure I'm going to install as described above, but wanted to see if there was any guidance as to which antenna mount worked for an individual and if there were any tips that could be given.

I will definitely post what I do on my build thread.

I know I'm not that creative. Someone tell me it's been done... Or why it can't be done.

Thanks JRob! I just read that thread. I'm glad to hear the safari snorkel will work with the CB antenna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom