Dual Odysseys installed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

if you use dual trays, one on each side of the rad, then you can prolly use a 1700, the 1200's are really small.

pics, 60 with dual Orbitals
38346535.jpg

38346640.jpg

fj40 with dual 1200's in the stock(but made a wee bit biger) tray
86402196.jpg

IMOP, the Odyessys will not be an advantage in a 60 when you can fit a bigger less expensive battery(like the Oribatal)

Thanks John. I'm on a mission to shave weight everywhere I can. Have yet to see an innovative way to install the smaller ones and save space. If nothing pops into my head I'll probably do orbitals over the 1700s and get the 2nd tray.

Something like a tray that pushes back toward the air intake would be sweet. I measured things up with Dave at Wrangler a couple months ago and two 12's side by side just barely don't fit in the space.

Those covers do look delicious. :)

2x 1200 vrs 2x Orbitals will prolly wiegh the same, those 1200's are heavy.

I bought three Odyessey batteries back when they were called Black Panther Predators. They ALL DIED within one year!!! I got ZERO help from the purchaser OR Oddyessey.

Were talking about 1,000$ in batteries down the drain!

Nope, not ever again Mr..

36lbs vs 58lbs each = 44lbs savings. Good to know, HZ, I'll research around more, but you know.. EVERY battery has stories like this. I'll swear by Optimas, but then I got the earlier ones before the quality problems supposedly (because I personally don't know any better) came in, and have abused them up and down for years.

Have one pair finally going out. Now I hear they've been bought by another company that has some relationship to Exides, so quality is going back up... it's a crapshoot. If I buy Odysseys they'd be from Wrangler just because I know they will bend over backward for a customer.

I have dual Odyssey 1200s installed in a single tray on the passenger side, in the stock location. Very nice setup that you can only achieve with Odysseys because they are so itty bitty (they weigh about 35 lbs each, though). They are expensive also, but are supposed to last much longer than other batteries (ten years or somesuch). I may be able to post pics next week, if I can figure out how to post to this board...

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

yeah, like to see those pics, if ya want, just email them to me and I can post em up.

John

Timoss said:
I have dual Odyssey 1200s installed in a single tray on the passenger side, in the stock location. Very nice setup that you can only achieve with Odysseys because they are so itty bitty (they weigh about 35 lbs each, though). They are expensive also, but are supposed to last much longer than other batteries (ten years or somesuch). I may be able to post pics next week, if I can figure out how to post to this board...

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

Perfect. Thanks, Tim. That's what I'm looking for. The only other thing over there that is probably in the way is the tangen light harness.

GREAT mod and a GREAT product :)

eshelbyk said:
The only other thing over there that is probably in the way is the tangen light harness.

Doh! Forgot to take pics this weekend. Was at CMCC and busy wheeling instead of tinkering for once. Will try to do it tomorrow on the way into work...

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA

Timoss said:
Doh! Forgot to take pics this weekend. Was at CMCC and busy wheeling instead of tinkering for once. Will try to do it tomorrow on the way into work...

Tim
88 fj62 TLCA
long 24hrs eh? :flipoff2:

eshelbyk said:
Perfect. Thanks, Tim. That's what I'm looking for. The only other thing over there that is probably in the way is the tangen light harness.

A little minor rewiring and the Tangen light harness can be mounted on the driver's side. You have to delete the silencer, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything anyway. If you don't have a second battery in this spot you now have lots of room for access to the relay panel of the harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom