Dual lunchbox lockers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have Kaisers front and rear and have had them for years and would do it again.

I’ve changed my setup a few times and the way it is now I really like it.

Originally I was in full time and the steering was really heavy especially when turning off the line such as a stop light.

I then spooled the center diff to part time the truck and added selectable hubs. This eliminated the heavy on road steering but brought back in the heavy steering problem off road especially in high traction situations and more so than when I was in AWD.

I then swapped back in a stock transfer case and run the truck on road with the hubs unlocked and the center diff locked. This setup has worked fantastic.

I have the steering for on road in 2WD, in high traction situations I have optimum steering in AWD, and in muddy conditions I can lock the center diff for 4WD.

You need to do the p7 mod and add the diff switch along with the selectable hubs to make it all work.

One issue is that normal on road driving means the center diff light is on. I left the trail last year and the truck was obviously not driving correctly. No lights on the dash and I couldn’t figure out why. I felt it might be a transmission issue so I packed up and went home incase things got real bad.

After almost an hour and a half and as I turned onto my street I realized that the center diff light wasn’t on. Locked it and everything was normal. So I drove all the way home using the viscous coupler as I did unlock the hubs before leaving the trail.

Quite the testimonial for how stout that thing is.

And I’m planning to swap the polarity of the center diff light to warn when the center diff is unlocked. In hopes of avoiding another senior moment.

All this info is good. But, I still do not see anybody who has actually done it without selectable hubs.

I think basically if you can't disconnect whether its a selectable locker or not your sterring is going to be hard. I have front and rear in my 40series, and manual hubs., the rear locker gets me through most, and when I think Ill need, I lock the front hubs, wheel the obstacle with hard steering and unlock once through. Im not sure how much the viscous coupler would help but I think Id be pretty warn out with the hard sterring after going up logging roads. I guess as mentioned if your not on sand or a ranch, don't put one in the front without manual hubs.

All this info is good. But, I still do not see anybody who has actually done it without selectable hubs.
Originally I was in full time and the steering was really heavy especially when turning off the line such as a stop light.

I then spooled the center diff to part time the truck and added selectable hubs. This eliminated the heavy on road steering but brought back in the heavy steering problem off road especially in high traction situations and more so than when I was in AWD.

stating that I was full time was meant to convey I didn't have selectable hubs at that time

I have Kaisers front and rear and have had them for years and would do it again.

I’ve changed my setup a few times and the way it is now I really like it.

I then swapped back in a stock transfer case and run the truck on road with the hubs unlocked and the center diff locked. This setup has worked fantastic.

I have the steering for on road in 2WD, in high traction situations I have optimum steering in AWD, and in muddy conditions I can lock the center diff for 4WD.

You need to do the p7 mod and add the diff switch along with the selectable hubs to make it all work.

One issue is that normal on road driving means the center diff light is on. I left the trail last year and the truck was obviously not driving correctly. No lights on the dash and I couldn’t figure out why. I felt it might be a transmission issue so I packed up and went home incase things got real bad.

After almost an hour and a half and as I turned onto my street I realized that the center diff light wasn’t on. Locked it and everything was normal. So I drove all the way home using the viscous coupler as I did unlock the hubs before leaving the trail.

Quite the testimonial for how stout that thing is.

And I’m planning to swap the polarity of the center diff light to warn when the center diff is unlocked. In hopes of avoiding another senior moment.

Iam about to do the same thing. 500 for the t case spool is insane.

im never looking back to that brown-bag-dirty-little-dealer ever again ! :rolleyes:

NO F'ing way !

Happy as a HJ61 SNOW VERSION clam !

421CDAC4-1A63-40A1-BC3E-33C66875CB6F.jpeg
2621A9AF-2693-4113-860F-E8F72FE33C76.jpeg
445095CA-A4D6-4D0A-8147-73D02AAF26E8.jpeg
762443F4-E36E-49C1-80E0-3AECB246E213.jpeg
9D2513EE-4C4F-45E7-9C33-8C13485F891A.jpeg
D755F7FA-E10C-4F90-B176-EADF6B2E9E29.jpeg
B463577F-1CBD-4436-BA7D-3F902B937379.jpeg
BC2C74B5-81DB-4CED-9B80-3B7F27CA0040.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back