Dual fuel tank setup for a 75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20180825_130945-jpg.1774306

Does anybody have a part number for this connecting piece of loom that joins the wiring for the 2 switches/solenoids ? Also, where in the chassis would I find that part of the loom into which that white single connector plugs into ?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ross.
Arrival of the tank is still some time away so rather frustratingly I cannot confirm it right now.If I have to cut and move that brace backwards like the DUAL OEM setup then I will, not that I think it is seriously required to preserve strength.I think the brace on which the shocks are attached(and which is used to mount the 180L tank at the front) should be strong enough ?

Send them an email.

I have Ross but in this case my new tank is either an imported Long Ranger original or an exact copy of one made by a local ex agent (loong story) so ...

Hey fellas i need some help re a dual fuel setup for my hzj75. First the back story:

My hzj75r had no dual fuel tank from factory. However alot of the Australian delivered ones did so parts are easy to come by. Now i have a trip planned that goes through some territory that is lacking in good fuel stops. That is next friday. Also the rear end needs more weight in it to smooth it out a little so i need the second tank. What i really need it help to get it installed. I am going with the factory setup. Firstly i really need to know there the second tank mounts up. Any help is very much appreciated! Below are the pictures of the parts that i have acquired:

View attachment 1774306

Have you found the plug on your loom into which that single pigtail from the solenoids plugs ? Do you have a picture of it's location and shape please ?

Have you found the plug on your loom into which that single pigtail from the solenoids plugs ? Do you have a picture of it's location and shape please ?
Yes i did find the plug, its located on the RHS next to the tail light plug or near it. Pictures will have to be tomorrow sorry.

Thanks mate cos I am hunting without pleasure at the moment ... the new wire just arrived ex Japan so I should collect it from the dealership later.

Well it was the wrong wire that arrived :cry:

I just cannot find the part number for that pice of wire/loom which joins the 2 valves/solenoids and then links the single plug to the main loom(2 green plugs into a single white plug in the picture) ! :bang:

Well it was the wrong wire that arrived :cry:

I just cannot find the part number for that pice of wire/loom which joins the 2 valves/solenoids and then links the single plug to the main loom(2 green plugs into a single white plug in the picture) ! :bang:
Bummer thats no good. I will see if my harness has a tag on it. Maybe beno could help?

Thanks, will go check it out ... bearing in mind that mine only came with 1 OEM tank.That would be the sensible place though.

It looks like it should be 82165-60053 but now Toyota SA claims it is discontinued ! In respect of 82165-60050 they claim the same but 82165-60052 is said to be available ex japan although for a pickup ?
82165-60054 is said to be for a station wagon but available ex factory in ZA so :bang:

It looks like it should be 82165-60053 but now Toyota SA claims it is discontinued ! In respect of 82165-60050 they claim the same but 82165-60052 is said to be available ex japan although for a pickup ?
82165-60054 is said to be for a station wagon but available ex factory in ZA so :bang:
Hey i have had great success with wreckers in the past for that type of thing. Many used 70s where you are?

It looks like it should be 82165-60053 but now Toyota SA claims it is discontinued ! In respect of 82165-60050 they claim the same but 82165-52 is said to be available ex japan although for a pickup ?
I'm just going to source the connectors and wire everything myself, my loom didn't have what was required.

Hey i have had great success with wreckers in the past for that type of thing. Many used 70s where you are?

Yeah but none of them had the OEM dual tanks ... darn african spec !

I'm just going to source the connectors and wire everything myself, my loom didn't have what was required.

My current setup involves a transfer pump so I can do that but I want to empty the aux tank first so the OEM setup is 1st prize even if it means DIY wiring ... and I am not good at electrickery

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom