Dual Electric Fan Aluminum Radiator for LQ4 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure I completely followed this thread. But I went the direction of post #3 in this thread

I kept the stock radiator + RF50, to keep initial swap cost down over custom rad + custom shroud+ fan solution. Figured there would be unpredicted hits to the budget no matter what, and if I had cooling problems down the road, I’d deal with them as they came up, and the dough spent on the electric fans would not be wasted, rather reused for what ever the ultimate solution proved to be.

I live in a cold climate, but have had no problems.
This is really good to know. I hadn't thought about keeping the stock radiator until now. The costs have been a couple thousand more than I originally planned so far.
BTW - my 6.0L LQ4 ships out today. The countdown begins!

This is really good to know. I hadn't thought about keeping the stock radiator until now. The costs have been a couple thousand more than I originally planned so far.
BTW - my 6.0L LQ4 ships out today. The countdown begins!

Welcome to the LS addiction group !

Finally decided to stick with the stock radiator! It's in great shape and will provide more than adequate cooling for my LQ4. Going with a Ford Taurus electric fan instead of mechanical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom