Dual battery setup. Where can I get supplies and wiring info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
I am looking to install the Slee secondary battery/air compressor mount in the LX. I already got the mount and the ARB twin compressor. Looks like I'll be using an odyssey 75/86-pc1230 battery (still need to purchase).

What else should I get? What's your source for battery cables, terminals, etc.

I got a Warn 12K Zeon winch and a bunch of Rigid lights all over the truck. No plans for a fridge or solar power or anything like that.

blue sea for all fuse blocks and holders and auto charging relay
whatever seems legit on amazon for bulk wire, lugs and big damn crimper, heat shrink. i like helical bundling wrap vs the cheapo split corrugated loom. P loops

you didnt say exactly, but i believe its common practice to keep the winch on the starting battery and only use it while the truck is running, when possible, because it draws so much current. it can nuke a battery pretty quick.

i also upgraded to the 150A (?) newer sequoia alternator

blue sea for all fuse blocks and holders and auto charging relay
whatever seems legit on amazon for bulk wire, lugs and big damn crimper, heat shrink. i like helical bundling wrap vs the cheapo split corrugated loom. P loops

you didnt say exactly, but i believe its common practice to keep the winch on the starting battery and only use it while the truck is running, when possible, because it draws so much current. it can nuke a battery pretty quick.

i also upgraded to the 150A (?) newer sequoia alternator
Thanks alot! Yeah, we wired the winch to the main starter battery.

oh and always plan for future expansion. like running a big wire to the back and having a separate fuse block back there for all the future accessories. stuff like that.

FWIW, Busman makes a lot of Blue Sea products and they can generally be had for less money. Their breakers are first class.

I picked up a harbor freight hydraulic cable crimper and it’s worth every penny. Also get a good set of cable cutters.

stay away from CCA wire (it’s aluminum core with a copper coating) find solid copper stranded wire/cable for this project. If the price seems cheap on a big fat cable it’s likely CCA.

As for sourcing, Watek wire is one stop shopping and sells really nice stuff, but get a shipping quote as sometimes they charge big prices for certain items. I bought some 4’ sections of heat shrink and they sent it in a big long 4’ box.... tripling the price of the item. They could have rolled it up and saved me big time buy you live and learn

What supplies you need to wire up the 2nd battery will vary on how you want to manage/control the battery.

I bought all the supplies for my dual battery wire up from Amazon. Milspec terminals, tinned lugs, 2awg copper stranded welding wire, adhesive backed heat shrink, braided wire loom, etc. I already had the Hydraulic crimper from Harbor Freight and it worked beautifully for these cables.

hello, i bought this marine battery switch for my lc100 as cheap and simple solution for my needs. how can i hook up the 2 batteries? i understand that battery 1 positive connects to the battery 1 on the switch and battery positive connects on the battery 2 bolt on the switch...common 1+2 join option on the switch should i just bolt 2 cable ends toghether that are coming from the 2 battery positive terminals ?

51rvESxblZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom