Dual battery kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anybody selling a Dual battery kit with tray for 97 fj80? Thanks

Huddexpo has a decent little kit, but I dont think it contains a tray.
Deltavs has the best priced tray that I've seen.

RedArc has a simple set up and you can get the 91-92 OEM battery tray through Toyota that sits on the passenger side up front. RedArc kit is $200 for controller and appropriate sized wire. Verify this is what you want before ordering. I am running the RedArc listed and a Slee second battery tray in the 100 series and it runs the fridge in the back for days with no issues.

Last edited:
RedArc has a simple set up and you can get the 91-92 OEM battery tray through Toyota that sits on the passenger side up front. RedArc kit is $200 for controller and appropriate sized wire. Verify this is what you want before ordering. I am running the RedArc listed and a Slee second battery tray in the 100 series and it runs the fridge in the back for days with no issues.

thank you

PMd

Hi Mud... Has anyone installed the redarc kit on their 80 series? If yes, is the kit a compete turnkey kit and no other parts are required? Interested if anyone can share their experience with the redarc kit on an 80 series. Thanks all in advance for any input or advice you may have on redarc vs huddexpos blue sea kit.

I just completed my dual battery setup a few weeks ago with a National Luna Intelligent Solenoid and dual battery controller. I pieced it together myself but it's not hard.
  • 91-92 battery box for passenger side (Dealership)
  • Military terminals (Amazon)
  • Group 24 battery (Costco)
  • National Luna Intelligent Solenoid (Equipt)
  • National Luna dual battery controller (Equipt)
  • 15 feet of 2AWG wire from Windynation (Amazon)
  • Variety of tinned copper lugs (Amazon)
  • Black and red shrink wrap with epoxy (ebay)
  • BlueSea 100A breaker (Amazon)
  • OEM battery holddown and J-hooks (partsouq)
Both the positive and negative wires run under the cross member in front of the radiator. The 100A breaker is installed on a bracket in front of the starting battery and the Intelligent Solenoid is mounted behind the house battery box.

This isn't the final picture of the install but pretty close.
1603590918880.png

We’ve been piecing together as much of the stuff as possible in one place:

HuddExpo is making a new wiring kit that will work nicely with our BlueSea combiner mounting plate, and he’ll be selling some of our parts to compliment his kits as well.

Yes and no.
Hi Mud... Has anyone installed the redarc kit on their 80 series? If yes, is the kit a compete turnkey kit and no other parts are required? Interested if anyone can share their experience with the redarc kit on an 80 series. Thanks all in advance for any input or advice you may have on redarc vs huddexpos blue sea kit.

The RedArc kit I referenced above is everything you will need to hook up the second battery. As referenced, you will need a second battery tray. You do need additional components to take the kit from the second battery to your end destination. The kit is stupid simple but as you can see from others path, there are many ways to skin this cat. Fuse/circuit breaker as close to the (+) battery as you can get and then fuse block at your end destination. Size the wires appropriately so you don’t burn down the vehicle too.

As @Delta VS mentioned my kits are going through a modest change. I am trying to streamline it so it is easier to source a complete kit from one place. I now have both of his brackets in my personal rig and they are extremely nice, making the install even better. I will put up a few photos later today so you can see the completed install. My most popular kit has been the one based on the BlueSea 7610. It is super easy to install and extremely reliable. I like to cal it the KISS kit. The 7622 has also been very popular option and now there is an even better way to mount it with the Delta bracket. I am sure at some point my kits will include the tray, but for now just get it from DeltaVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom