Dual Battery Kit Interest (1 Viewer)

If you have interest in this kit, what type of kit do you prefer?

• I am interested, but only if it is stoopid simple to install

Votes: 53 47.3%
  • I am interested, prefer it simple, but want some flexibility with the installation

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • I am interested, but I don't want anything finished, I just want all the parts to make it right

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LC4LIFE

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Hi Everyone,

I will be announcing my new website relatively soon over in the Small Business Storefront, but I wanted some input on a package I am putting together. I am a huge fan of BlueSea Systems and have been running their 7610 ACR, fuses, fuse blocks and circuit breakers for some time in my dual battery setup with excellent results. I love the simplicity and reliability of it. I plan to offer a “turn-key” solution for a dual battery setup. That is, turn-key less the second tray and battery. I might have an opportunity to get the second trays, but am not planning on it. For now, I’d like to know what type of interest there is for this. I will have all the cabling cut and terminated to the correct length and sizes, circuit breakers, and ACR locations all laid out with hardware to mount it all.

The plan for now is to include the following and release it sometime around 1/1/19.

One 7610 ACR
One 2151 Terminal fuse block at main battery - there will be an empty spot for expansion
One 100 amp fuse on the 2151 at main battery
One 100 amp 7187 surface mount circuit breaker for second battery
Pre-made 2awg ground cables (with braided sleeving) for both main and secondary batteries to fenderwells
Pre-made 2awg ground cable for secondary battery to engine block
Pre-made 4awg cable for between main battery and ACR
4awg cables for between ACR and secondary battery
Undecided on including two or four mil-spec battery terminals....

Here are some pictures of just about what I am envisioning.

battery-2.jpg
battery-3.jpg
battery.jpg

Looking forward to what you bring to market. This is one of the mods on my soon to do list.

If you need a vehicle to "test" install your kit, I'm your guy and local! interested for sure.

You should offer one for 91-93 trucks

What is the purpose of this mod?

1. enlarging main car battery capacity where is no place to put one bigger battery?
2. 100% redundancy? having fully charged 100% battery at all time?
3. supporting off road needs like refrigerator, winch, filed lights and camp lights?
4. something else???

the intended use will influence the structure of the dual battery system, and the cost and type of batteries needed

+1 Interested. I have been researching dual batteries, but it is very confusing for a first timer. An all in one kit (sans batteries and the tray kit) would make it easier for rookies.

Thanks!

"Undecided on including two or four mil-spec battery terminals...."

NAPA sells the military terminals fairly cheap:
-Military battery terminals from NAPA. NW 728223 and NW 728222 ($20)

I need this...... so much info it gets confusing fast. I just want to run a winch maybe a few lights and have the ability to jump myself off if needed. Your kit is just wiring related correct? We still need to source a passenger side battery tray and washer relocating bracket?

Following!

1. enlarging main car battery capacity where is no place to put one bigger battery?
2. 100% redundancy? having fully charged 100% battery at all time?
3. supporting off road needs like refrigerator, winch, filed lights and camp lights?
4. something else???

the intended use will influence the structure of the dual battery system, and the cost and type of batteries needed
This is the real question folks have to ask themselves when building a dual battery setup, what do they want to be able to do with the setup and how might their needs increase in the future. One of the biggest things I wanted with my setup was the ability to link my batteries together for winching, jump starting, running air compressor/tools, plus expansion of electrical components. Linking the system to withstand winching (continuous ~400 amps) moved me out of most commercial ready built systems and to the Blue Sea 7622. Great product that has worked flawlessly for my uses. But In order to use the features I wanted I had to get some serious copper welding cable...

Interested as this is on the long term list, but would also like options for wiring a block in the rear panel for fridge and 110v outlets. Will there be any in vehicle monitor to see what each batteries status is?

Interested as this is on the long term list, but would also like options for wiring a block in the rear panel for fridge and 110v outlets. Will there be any in vehicle monitor to see what each batteries status is?
This is how we get from reasonably priced kit to redonkulousness. An ACR, cables, terminal lugs, expansion loom, and heatshrink can all be had at a fairly decent price. But once you add in factory battery tray, battery, washer relocation kit, fuse blocks, circuit breakers, more cable (size depending on amp draw), more loom, heat shrink cable ties, inverter, plus liability @LC4LIFE would by reaching the @NLXTACY level of World's Most Expensive Jumper Cables

I have dual battery setup for supporting off road needs like refrigerator, winch, filed lights and camp lights and jump start all on a flip of a switch (Automatic charging, off, contentious link)more then 10 years it worked for thousand hours in extreme hot environment. no problem very HD used a welding triple insulated from the front to the cargo bay front 100AH seald led acide regular battery auxiliary battery yellow top Optima
bs1.JPG
bs2.JPG

bs5.JPG

Last edited:

This kit will allow for the addition of a second battery. The second battery will only be connected to the main battery during charging and that is regulated by the BlueSea ACR. It is really a pretty simple and reliable system. With this kit, you can then add expand at your own level for things like lights, winching, refridgerator, boom-boom stereo, etc. If you do need to jump start the main battery, you just use a jumper between the positive posts of each battery.

NAPA sells the military terminals fairly cheap:
-Military battery terminals from NAPA. NW 728223 and NW 728222 ($20)

Yes, I know this, but it may be an option to add a couple to my kit at the time of checkout. Pricing will be the same or better than NAPA, plus you will be supporting another Cruiserhead and Mud Vendor:)

I need this...... so much info it gets confusing fast. I just want to run a winch maybe a few lights and have the ability to jump myself off if needed. Your kit is just wiring related correct? We still need to source a passenger side battery tray and washer relocating bracket?
Following!

Yes, you will need the battery tray and relocating bracket. My kit will include all the wiring and equipment to make it work.

.....how might their needs increase in the future...... the ability to link my batteries together for winching, jump starting, running air compressor/tools, plus expansion of electrical components. Linking the system to withstand winching (continuous ~400 amps) .......serious copper welding cable...

This is a good point. My kit is intended to provide a type of kit for 'most' people's needs. I do not plan on the kit automatically linking the batteries or going that far into heavy duty usage. What I see is most people appreciating the peace of mind a second battery gives you for backup, additional capacity and low risk of a dead battery while camping, etc.

I am open to discussing what size breakers and wire I will be including in the kit though.

You will get instructions with this kit to make expansion into the rear of the vehicle easy as well. The foundation of all the additional accesories and electrical capabilities is the dual battery system. Beyond that, you just need to plan very, very well.

This is how we get from reasonably priced kit to redonkulousness. An ACR, cables, terminal lugs, expansion loom, and heatshrink can all be had at a fairly decent price. But once you add in factory battery tray, battery, washer relocation kit, fuse blocks, circuit breakers, more cable (size depending on amp draw), more loom, heat shrink cable ties, inverter, plus liability @LC4LIFE would by reaching the @NLXTACY level of World's Most Expensive Jumper Cables

Agreed. I am shooting for something that a lot of people can get behind. I do however, appreciate the fantastic work @NLXTACY does with Wits' End. The quality is second to none.

Last edited:
One stop shop is appealing to many people. Might want to reconsider offering the second tray.

One stop shop is appealing to many people. Might want to reconsider offering the second tray.

Agreed. Its a bit more difficult to get and make money on Toyota Parts. I will make it easy to get a second tray, just not sure it will be from me yet.

Perfect timing on this @LC4LIFE! I just received shipment yesterday of new OEM Toyota 91/92 battery trays and got them listed on the site. Was planning to just market them to folks who wanted to build their own setups, but now it'll be great to have your kit accompanying them! We will be adding OEM hardware in the near future as an option, as well as upgraded hold-downs. Toyota Land Cruiser OEM battery tray

IMG_5026.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom