Dual battery in a 1991 FJ80

• Thread starter cooldadv2
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
cooldadv2

cooldadv2

Anyone out there installed a dual battery system in a 1991 80? Seems like all the guides cater to the 93-97s. If anyone has suggestions for placement and battery trays that would be much appreciated.

Stoshu

Stoshu

SILVER Star
The 93-97 battery tray/box is a direct bolt in on the 91-92 driver's side. The batteries are on opposite sides.

cooldadv2

cooldadv2

The 93-97 battery tray/box is a direct bolt in on the 91-92 driver's side. The batteries are on opposite sides.
Thanks for the reply - I saw that it was the case but because the configuration of the engine bay is different seems like that won’t work. The washer fluid bottle is in a totally different location. Looks almost like either up back near the horn or on the other side of the air intake would be the best place for a second tray

A1652BA3 E198 4500 9E0D 96DEB827FD22

cooldadv2

cooldadv2

Thanks for the reply - I saw that it was the case but because the configuration of the engine bay is different seems like that won’t work. The washer fluid bottle is in a totally different location. Looks almost like either up back near the horn or on the other aowould be the best place for a second tray

Delta VS

Delta VS

Supporting Vendor
Website
deltavs.com
Thanks for the reply - I saw that it was the case but because the configuration of the engine bay is different seems like that won’t work. The washer fluid bottle is in a totally different location. Looks almost like either up back near the horn or on the other aowould be the best place for a second tray
Should work no problem, you only have to remove the fan setup on the right side. The "injector cooler" apparatus or whatever the heck it is (believe "engine cooler" is correct term) is basically a hair dryer pointed in the intake manifold's general direction. Might have to "relocate" the EGR as well, can't remember though.

IMG 0285
IMG 0286

cooldadv2

cooldadv2

Should work no problem, you only have to remove the fan setup on the right side. The "injector cooler" apparatus or whatever the heck it is (believe "engine cooler" is correct term) is basically a hair dryer pointed in the intake manifold's general direction. Might have to "relocate" the EGR as well, can't remember though.

View attachment 2846488View attachment 2846489
This is great intel. Thanks so much. I had not previously seen a pic of a 91 done this way. Time to get to work!

White Stripe

White Stripe

Why do you want a second battery? That ground terminal on the battery you have looks like it's about to break.

cooldadv2

cooldadv2

Why do you want a second battery? That ground terminal on the battery you have looks like it's about to break.
It’s fully broken - I just got this home and it has a lot of issues that need addressing. I have new terminal on order.

Second battery is for the fridge and the winch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom