Dual batteries in stock fj40 tray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I put these in my 82 fj40 a few weeks ago. Dual Odyssey 1200MJT's in stock tray location. Took the stock tray, flatend the ends, welded on some angle iron, welded the stock hold down back one the one end, coated it with Plastidip, made a top hold down(gonna make a different one when I mount the selnoid) and it fits in the stock tray location, nothing had to be moved, its not in the way of anything and looks stock, except now it holds 2 batts. I havn't done the wiring yet, but will use the same Wrangler stuff I used on my fj80, need to order alot of stuff.....I put duals in my fj60 as well(except one red top and one Orbital.

Don't laugh.....it's the 1st thing I ever welded :D
35435852.jpg

John H

stock tray on the left, modified tray on the right
35435845.jpg

modified tray mounted.

I thought this came out pretty slick and it doesn't move anything or hack anything up(except the old tray) and still stays stockish.

Could prolly do the same thing on most other Cruisers, or mount 2x 1700 in 2 modified stock trays
35435842.jpg

BTW this is how the Odyssey 1200 compares in size to a Red Top
32155976.jpg

Hmm those Odysseys look pretty good, especially like the size, though this latest yellow top has been a good one. (The red top blew).

Looks good John. I have a dual battery tray I got from spector a year ago, still haven't installed it. That thing is fricking huge, gonna take some serious work to get it to fit.

What do those batteries run $ wise? I found optima red tops the other day for $79 a piece. Thought that was a pretty good price.

Where do you get odyssey batteries and how much $$$$. Tray looks good. You don't become a good welder without practice and its better to practice on a battery tray then a cage. I made a similar battery tray/box for my cruiser except for the top I used 1/4in 3in wide aluminum, similar look same outcome.

[quote author=toycrusher link=board=1;threadid=6148;start=msg49460#msg49460 date=1065791930]
Where do you get odyssey batteries and how much $$$$. Tray looks good. You don't become a good welder without practice and its better to practice on a battery tray then a cage. I made a similar battery tray/box for my cruiser except for the top I used 1/4in 3in wide aluminum, similar look same outcome.
[/quote]

got em from
http://www.batteryweb.com/odyssey.cfm
$167.50 each including shiping, best price I could find, fast shiping, very good service.

yeah I have had my Miller 175 for 8 months and figured I should finaly figure out how to weld, spent an hour welding up some scape metal, then tested my welds in a vise and beat on em with a BFH......then they didn't brake apart I started on the tray ;)

Hey Landpimp, those pics were linked so long ago that they are long gone.

With the 1200MJT, did you get the 3/8 bolts or the regular terminals?

Yeah, thinking about cluttering up the engine bay of the new rig a tad. :confused:

Mike!

Congrats on finding this thread!!!

I was looking for it for A WHILE last week....

Thanks!

-Steve

regualar terminal AND they take a bolt thru the top, really a slick set up

Junk said:
Hey Landpimp, those pics were linked so long ago that they are long gone.

With the 1200MJT, did you get the 3/8 bolts or the regular terminals?

Yeah, thinking about cluttering up the engine bay of the new rig a tad. :confused:

Yeah thanks for resurrecting this - gives me new ideas... with an aluminum cookie sheet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom