DT Header O2 extension needed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i took advantage of the 15% eBay discount and ordered a set of DT headers. I’m gathering parts I need (Oem gaskets, new studs&nuts).

I read on one review that a front O2 sensor extension was needed. Can anyone confirm that this is the case?

I can confirm that on my 2000 LC there was nothing required for the install other than a good set of OEM gaskets from Mr. T.

My tech did suggest rocking the engine back or lifting it up a little on one side to get the part into place. He also went out and bought a huge double-flex head ratcheting gear wrench set after he finished installing mine, and advised me that he would never install another set of headers on 100 series ever again.

Nothing needed for my install, I reused everything because it was still good. Approx 40,000 miles with them in and I love the added power.

I also purchased my DT headers from ebay, I needed an O2 wiring extension on the driver-side header. Not sure if the O2 bung was located differently than most headers or if my factory wiring was shorter than most. I used Caspers Electronics 10920 extension.

Nothing needed for my install, I reused everything because it was still good. Approx 40,000 miles with them in and I love the added power.

How dramatic was your power increase? I was very disappointed to notice almost no discernable improvement.

How dramatic was your power increase? I was very disappointed to notice almost no discernable improvement.

I had the DT catback first, that was mostly noise. But adding the headers there was a noticeable increase from 3500-5000rpms. My wife has a stock 100, so when I drive hers it feels much more restrained.

I have to wonder if they both need to be on in order to get the full improvement. I did notice a slight increase in mileage but that truck met an untimely demise before I could put a cat-back on it.

After doing the DT Cat Back as well as the headers I really noticed a nice change in the bottom end to mid range. Gas mileage was not improved that I cold tell. To answer the questions about an extension for the O2 sensor, I did have to re-rout the drivers side pigtail around a shield to make it work. I was even able to remove the drivers side manifold without disconnecting the steering shaft! I only lost most of the skin around my hands but overall this repair I swear to never do again...

At 160K Parts needed:
Most of the studs came out of the heads
All 16 nuts and studs
Mr T gaskets
Crap ton of PB blaster

I didn't need the extension either. I have brand new studs if anyone needs them for their install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom