DS window pops out of track when off-roading. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My drivers side window glass pops out of its track when all the way down while driving offroad. Gave me fits at the last two HIH. The obvious thing is to only lower it 2/3rds way and don’t worry about it.

It happened once at my independent Lexus shop when I had it in for service. They reset the window glass and said a plastic piece was missing and it could only be fixed with an all new regulator assembly.

In advance of this year’s HIH, I took the door apart and noticed the guide rail was damaged when a dent was repaired in the lower front of the door. I replaced the window track rubber and made sure the glass went up and down smoothly.

However, there’s a lot of side to side movement by hand when the glass is all the way down. I have no idea what the missing plastic piece could be.

Anyone had this problem? Anyone got a pic of a regulator out of the door so I can see what all the bits are that supposed to be on it?

I have the exact same problem. I've always kept the window up somewhat when off road but it came off track as I went over a speed bump yesterday so its time to open it up and see whats going on.

I found this, maybe your issue too

Window clunk when closing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom