DS Window Clunk (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
I noticed this weekend the DS window upon raising made a nice solid metal to glass clunk sound.

Anyone have this problem?

I had an identical symptom appear on a '02 LC. FSM guided me through the door disection where I found a loose bolt attaching the window channel to the regulator assembly. Simple fix in ~60 minutes due to extra care in not marring the finishes (taping the tips of screw drivers, carefully removing the weather seal, etc.).

Had this been left to deteriorate the window would likely drop into the door where the mechanicals would have buggered up the tint.

Not uncommon for the later models to come loose for whatever reason.
fix pull door panel, lower window so regulator to glass bolts are accessable and remove both bolts, apply blue loctite to threads to prevent reoccurence and reinstall, I wouldn't remove anything else or you might screw up the auto up timing, and then you have to remove the motor and regulator.

good luck, ben:D

could be broken front mount

The front plastic mount is known to break pretty easily.Where the lift mechanism is connected to the glass. Pull the door interior and have a look. Only option is to replace the glass. $230 dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom