DS LX door lock tumbler problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
gents.

about two weeks ago i went to turn my DS key counterclockwise while it was in the latch and the tumbler with the cover plate seemed to shift to the 11:00 position and the key didn't seem to want to come out. in the process of messing with it the key pulled out. so after looking at it for awhile i sprayed some graphite lube in it and slowly tried to get the thing back to "vertical".

but it was not moving and eventually while partially inserted (?) i got it so the cover plate and - i think (?) - the tumbler to go vertical. however now the key will only partially insert. or it will insert but not move. and i'm obviously no genius with tumblers.

i've been opening the passenger side door and hitting the unlock and going over to the DS and getting in so i'd like to solve this.

anyway, i ran a couple searches and the only tip i got was to try a new key since the one i have is probably old. but of course this key works for everything else and it is the LX key as well.

anyone know what is going on?

one old timer said that there is a circlip of some sort that can come loose and i guess i'll be pulling the door card at some point. so any tips before i go in would be great.

THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom