DS Front Wondow stuck down - yes, I've researched! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, it's another thread on a power window problem. My driver's side window has no problem going down, but the thing will not come back up. The motor runs it down no problem, but when I try to run it up, it just clicks like crazy. The research I've done shows that either other people's windows either go up too slow (which is what I encountered before my window decided to stay down permanently) or it doesn't do anything at all (mine at least makes a clicking sound). So if the window motor is clicking in the up position, do I need a new motor or is something with the gears?

When that happened w/m62 series on the pass.f window it strained for months then stopped working. It was the motor when I got the motor apart there were all sorts of little shavings in the case. www.car-parts.com heres a junkyard interchange site for used parts.

Check out my window thread....

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/198117-power-window-repair-w-pics.html

It sounds like you have the exact same problem. The plastic gear in the motor is stripped out. If you can grab hold of the window, and help it up, you'll likely be able to get past the stripped part and at least get the window back up.

The solution is a new window motor (very expensive) or parting out a window motor out of a wrecking yard or doing what I which was borrow and swap parts out of one of the rear windows that I don't use much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom