DS Front seat Lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Did a search and the only real help was regarding leg room, which is not a problem seeing as how I"m 5'8." Tylers thread on a 1inch spacer was more about making for of him.

I was thinking of adding 2-3inch aluminum block spacers to the seat so as to sit higher.

I would use grade 6 bolts, b/c they have a higher shear strength as opposed to grade 8 which has high hardened strength (correct me if I"m wrong).

Let me know what you think or if you have done greater than a 1inch lift to the stock seat. any and all info is appreciated.

Sam

You might PM LX_treme, I'm sure he has a link to some chair hydraulic setup he can share with you.

Actually, I'd remove the feet by drilling out the single rivet and the spot weld next to it with a 1/4" bit. Then place your block between the feet and the rail and assemble with a M6x30 class 10.9 bolt and nut combination using red loctite to secure the nuts. You want the spacers to go across the front and the back of the chair for stability.

Last edited:
Landtank, thanks for the help...hydraulic setup, hmmm I'll have to look into that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom