DS door lock won't turn - please point me to the right links... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My driver's side door will let me unlock the DS door (or all doors) with the key from the outside, but it won't let me turn the key to lock it - the lock feels jammed and will not allow the key to turn CCW to lock it.

I've searched and read quite a bit on here but most threads I found were about UNLOCKING issues - mine is the opposite. I probably just need to take the door and lock apart and clean everything out but could use a visual guide before I start tearing into it.

If you got some useful links I'd appreciate it.
James

Take the lock/s out and clean it/them. If they still dont turn you may want to get a new key cut by the dealer or locksmith. Your key may be worn as well as your lock pins.

First thing to do is squirt some wd-40 in there. :meh:

I agree clean it out, but use dry lube.:idea: WD 40 will clean it but will ultimately attract more dirt.:steer:

If you don't have one, get a factory key, keep it as a master to make copies. Your key may be too worn to work properly.

Take your registration to your local dealer and get a new key cut from the VIN. Will work 100% better.

:cheers:

Steve

I guarantee this too. Mine came with crap generic keys. With OE, effortless turning both directions.

I squirted WD40 in there twice but still no joy... my key does look worn but it says Toyota on it... I may need to take it to the dealer to have a new one cut. But first would like to try to take the lock out and clean it.

Well - I just looked at the FSM to see how to disassemble the front door - didn't see anything in there about the lock itself but I'd assume that once the inside door panel is out that the door lock mechanism will be exposed and allow me to better see what's sticking... at least that's the plan right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom