1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk driver hit my mailbox last night

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by concretejungle, Jun 27, 2005.

1. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

I was just about to go to bed and i heard a really lound BANG. I have heard that sound before and i knew just what it was, i only hoped no one was dead. THe time was 11:30 p.m. and i was just turning out the light to go to bed. Hopped up and ran out the front door to see my mailbox scattered throughout the road and a white dodge pick-up truck partially wrapped around a telephone pole on the other side of the road. As i looked i saw the guy throwing s*** and running! :eek: Immediatly i felt like i was in an episode of Cops on TV so i started running towards him only to realize he wasn't injured, at least not enough to keep him from running, he was guilty of something. Now i was kind of pissed off knowing the guy is leaving the scene of an accident and he had totaled my mailbox, that fawker! :mad: My neighbors were walking out at that time and had just called the police. Now with me being pissed about the mailbox i walked towards the vehicle to get a license plate number. While i was there i was very tempted to loot the truck, but i used my better judgement and refrained. Besides, what good parts could i have unbolted from a dodge? :rolleyes:

Now the some what sad part. It took 15 minutes for the first police officer to get there and 25 minutes for the first fire truck to get there. I live on a highway. I think this is sad because there is a fire station no more than 1.5 miles from my home; and when the fire truck finally got there it was coming from another station in-town, opposite direction at least 4 times the distance and they beat the local fire department to the scene by more than 10 minutes. Also sad is that i stood there for 30 minutes waiting for a police officer to ask if i had witnessed anything. I finnaly had to walk to the officer and tell him that if he wanted anything that he had better ask now cause i was going to bed. He then began questioning me, but only after i had approached him. :rolleyes:

I know one thing, that fawker is buying me a new mailbox and not only that he is going to pay for the time it takes me to dig that thing into the ground. He'll pay or else there will be hell to pay!! If the guy would have stayed at the accident i wouldn't have thought twice about it and probably would have told him not to worry about it as he has plenty to worry about. But since he ran, :eek:

Good thing he didn't come through the yard and hit the cruiser. :eek:

2. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    Get a written quote from a licensed contractor friend. Submit the bid, get the check, then do it yourself. It might make your time worthwhile.

3. concretejungle

hmmmmmm....good idea :idea: . I'll do that.

4. paulj

paulj

This thread is useless without pics!

5. Liam

Liam

Media:
    Albums:
    This girl picked up the pieces of the mailbox....

6. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

I'm trying to think of some kind of comment about having a package to deliver...nevermind.

7. concretejungle

If only that was the case, i would be REALLY tired this morning. :D

8. GetsUThere

GetsUThere

I learned that when Noah isn't around there's not near as much eye candy in chat

Oops.. wrong thread :)

9. cruzerman350

cruzerman350

not only would you be tired you wouldnt care about the mailbox :D

10. Koffer

Koffer

Hey
    I rather loose the mailbox then that tool running into my truck .
    Oh and Noah did post a "male box" :eek: so it goes with the thread :D