Drum Style Park Brake for 91 FJ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hmm, I wouldn't think anything but a Taco would even come close.

Sorry! Dunno!

TiredIronGRB said:
Is there a drum style (transfer case mounted) park brake that will fit my 91 FJ? With the portal axle conversion I won't have a parking brake.

G.R. Baker

While it's not a drum style, you might want to look at allpro's mini truck t-case disc parking brake conversion. I had one on my 4runner and it worked great, until I drove it a few times with it engaged. Apparently the disc and pad system was originally designed and installed on a forklift or plane tug, sorry can't remember which one. While the bracket won't work, you should be able to fab something up that works on the same principle.

TiredIronGRB said:
That looks like a solution, would it work on the '91 transfer case?

I can't see why it wouldn't-I also had one on my old 4Runner-only thing would be to fab new bracketry to mount to the TRNSFR bolts...as was mentioned. Otherwise I don't think the flange bolt pattern is the same..but I've seen your flange adapters soooooo

TiredIronGRB said:
That looks like a solution, would it work on the '91 transfer case?

No the bracket that they build/sell wouldn't work on the '91 because of the offset output. But if you, could source the caliper/lever, then YOU should be able to fab something up using a t-case gasket as the template.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom