Drove my pig today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Around the block. The first time it has been on the road in 4 years :bounce: After all that hassel with my scout steering box, now that it is working, WOW ;p It drives like there are not tires on it all. It is one finger steering, but then, I never got it going faster than 20mph because 700r4 is NOT SHIFTING :mad: Which doesn't surprise me. I think I trashed it trying to get it to work to start with. Luckily I have another 700r4 out of a 92 Surburban, but it is a 4WD. I understand that my AA adapter will only use a 2WD output shaft, so I am planning to swap the two. Georg is on vacation, so has anyone done that swap? I got a 700r4 manual through Georg, so I have some idea where to start.

A few poser pics of my 55 below. Look for the muffler and you know I haven't done the exhaust yet. A lot of bling stuff has not been put back on yet. Notice the license plate. Don't let camo paint scare you either ;p

Last edited:
After 4 Years it must feel great, Looks very nice.

What is that below the truck in pic #1?

Whoops looked and did not read.

What kind and size tires are you running on your rig. Looks good, and It sounds like all the wrk on the ps paid off!

I love the front bull bar. Awsome!

Thanks! The tires are MTR 35". The bull bar is headed to powder coating next week. Great deal on that also, $150 from a pirate poster. Of course, since the pig has been sitting in the side yard of our house for 4 years, the neighbors were a little surprised seeing it crawl down the road ;p But, I didn't see any dogs barking or kids running away, so that was cool :cool:

sweet...can't wait till i can post mine up and running again...you must be elated!! :cheers:

:bounce2: :bounce: :cheers: absolutely

fatty cruiser....oink!

Ok, now I want one of those, too.

Drove the pig some more today!!!

OK, I am an idiot. Yesterday, I couldn't get it going faster than 15 MPH. I thought the transmission was not shifting. NO. I had the TC in 4wd low :eek: I don't have the dual stick TC shifter installed yet, so I forgot to check the TC to make sure it was in 2wd high. Today it was, so I got it upto 45mph :) It actually drove pretty nice, except for the partailly installed exhaust system blasting in the cab with tranny hump off. The shifting of the 700r4 needs a little tweaking, but it was shifting correctly. The funny part is getting my left foot to stop looking for the clutch ;p

badkarma said:
Ok, now I want one of those, too.

Finding one in fair condition is the hard part. Once in awhile they show in the paper, but most of the time, you just have to be on the outlook for them. Pigs are pretty easy to spot. Not like today's SUVs, pigs are rather unique ;) They are not cookie cutter vehicles :) Pig owners love their trucks, others don't understand. "It is a pig thing"

badkarma if you want to drive cross country you can have the parts pig I'm buying once I take what I want. It will be ready for a v8and some chopping. Make a sweet trail rig. I wont hold my breath though.

when are you goin to get that one rudnicki?

if you sell it, does it mean that i can't get the rear springs from you, ha ha?

malphrus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom