Drove my first GX470 the other day...opinions on underneath pics please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

Very few 100’s for sale in this area, so I thought I might flex to a GX.

It’s a 1 owner 2005 with 87K on it. Needs 90K service.

Carfax shows it spent its life in New England.

Ask is $12,999.

Coming from a nice 2003 LS430 UL...thought it drove very well.

Just learning all about what to look for on these.

Got these from the dealer.

Feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Skip

That looks like more than surface rust unfortunately. For that kind of money I would say hard pass as well, try finding one from Florida or Texas and enjoy a road trip back home haha! Got my 06 for 9k with 190k miles but zero rust or accidents, perfect carfax and 100% rust free. Lots of miles but still drives like a champ, don't be afraid of miles if the GX was well maintained. Good luck amigo!

I agree with @CommanderAJ, Look below Virginia on East Coast and you will be happy. Of Course you can look in TX and CA but that is a much longer drive home. Granted, it is harder to shop beyond where you can drive to see a vehicle but a good seller will agree to take it to Toyota or Lexus for a pre purchase inspection for you (you would likely have to pay for it).

Looks like surface rust from the northeast to me. You could clean that up and prevent it from coming back.

That being said I got my 07 with 91k for 8500 private party. I plan to take care of the surface rust and coat with a film/oil.

I understand it is abnormal looking to people outside of the rust belt. It is our reality and the price should reflect the work needed.

Looks like surface rust from the northeast to me. You could clean that up and prevent it from coming back.

That being said I got my 07 with 91k for 8500 private party. I plan to take care of the surface rust and coat with a film/oil.

I understand it is abnormal looking to people outside of the rust belt. It is our reality and the price should reflect the work needed.

New to this obviously, but that seems like a great price.

I’m no expert but if it has anywhere near the rust in your pics I think 8500 is too much. I live in New England and used to drive Land Rovers so I’ve seen some rust. I’d much rather have higher miles and even a higher price to get something that doesn’t look like it was parked in the Atlantic ocean

Or he could just find a different one with no rust. Not like these things are rare or something.

They all look like that in New England too, including mine. To pay a premium for an immaculate rust-free southern or western truck and moving it to Western NY is kind of pointless since it'll look local in a year or two. The rust in the pics is all surface, nothing is compromised. I'm not saying buy that one, but there's no need to be scared off because of those pics, use them to drive the price down. Whatever you buy is going to look like that in short order since the crappy chassis paint that Toyota has always used will already be compromised and ready to rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom