1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drove a 2006 Landcruiser today

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Kanab, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Kanab

Kanab

Drove a 2006 LC today and then I drove a new 4runner SE V8. Had a buddy with me and he also drove both of them. The leather was nice in the LC and it had a nice ride and handled the bad pavement well. The 4runner was way quicker, and had a better ride quality even over the bad pavement. The 4runner felt tighter and more confident. My buddy felt the same way and started bugging me about why I would want to spend the extra $$$ on the LC when the 4runner drove better and got better mpg. Personally I was kind of shocked when I compared these two toyotas. Have any of you done a comparison drive in these two vehicles??

2. wsdavies

wsdavies

For the money I think I'd grab the gx 470...My old man has one..it's a very nice rig...Shoulda seen the looks we got when he took it up Warm Springs Canyon in Death Valley this spring..

[​IMG]

3. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

driven them? no, not yet. buy the 4runner. you seem to like it better.

4. swank60

swank60

Haven't driven one, but had some stupid woman in a new 100 drift into my lane this afternoon because she decided to start digging around in her purse or something instead of paying attention to the road - head on. She was about 70% in my lane when she looked up...

5. bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

I love the GX. Wish I had the $$$ to fix one up.

6. SR.GRINGO

SR.GRINGO

I have driven the 4Runner, Sequoia, MDX, GX, and an 05 Cruiser--the 4Runner does haul ass :) We are looking for a family SUV for my wife and to haul the dogs to the beach and eventually kids as well. Here in Mexico big and heavy is good--Sequoia feels nicer than a tahoe but doesn't live up to a 4Runner or Cruiser in quality. For me the problem with the 4Runner is I'm six four--other wise I this would be my first choice. The GX is pretty sweet but not worth the premium price over a 4Runner--you may as well get a used cruiser for that price. The GX also has more head room but the head liner cuts down on tall peoples view. If you don't need low the mdx is nice and roomy, with a gps--in the next 8 months they are doing a redesign with more power and supposedly bigger. I keep going back and forth between an 03+ LX/cruiser, Sequoia, 07 MDX. I used to own a 00 4Runner and loved it but it was too small. In many ways you are right the 4Runner is much more advanced than the older cruiser--hill decent/accent, etc.... They have built a ton of 4Runners and probably have ironed out more mistakes seeing the 2006 will be the 4th model year. The 06 looks better they changed the front, rear, and made bigger wheel wells--will probably test drive it next time I make it back to the U.S.... Good luck with your decision. You know you can't go wrong with a cruiser :)