Dropped my pan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dropped my pan and found all this. Any thoughts on what it could be? Gasket was starting to leak at the rear and so I went ahead and cleaned all this up and replaced it. What a PITA putting it all back in but got it. Oil was getting to all the right places and pressure was good but this couldn't have been good for the oil pump. Driving fine now, no change in oil pressure or anything so relieved but not sure if anyone has seen this before.
IMG_1796.JPG

Never seen anything like that posted here before. Was anything metal? Stick to a magnet?

Nothing metal. The brown stuff resembled and felt like plastic or hardened gasket of some sort. The black stuff felt and looked like a charcoal type material. Everything under there looked in order as well so I am at a loss.
IMG_1794.JPG

I'm wondering if it had been dropped before by a PO and just had chunks of the original cork gasket carelessly left in there.

pushrod cover gasket change out by a PO and they let stuff fall into the pan?

I thought of that but it doesn't look or feel like the drain pan cork gasket. But who knows how long its been in there. It is definitely made up of two different materials. I have owned it for 2.5 years and I know the previous owner said he had never dropped it so it has been in there a minute.
IMG_1798.JPG

It could very well be gasket from the drain pan or pushrod. I have the side gasket on hand and will be replacing it soon so we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom