Driving With Out Front Prop Shaft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

abuck99

SILVER Star
Threads
I want to asses a small driveline vibe I'm getting and rule out propeller shaft. Is the process to simply remove the front prop shaft and drive with locked center diff.? Just making sure I dont need to remove flanges for this test.

I just replaced the ujoints ( both prop shafts) and had the shafts rebalanced. The front prop shaft seems to have a very slight but constant vibe between 60mph then starts to diminish around 80mph. This vibe was not constant before the new ujoints & balance, it was only noticeable on acceleration. Replaced with Toyota OEM parts, new flange bolts, washers & nuts. The vibe is slight, but noticeable to me. I'm thinking that the balance was not perfect from the DS shop. Ive driven it a few hundred miles and its neither improved or gotten worse.

I booted the CV Axles a few weeks back, and took great care to assemble everything just as it came apart (with the exception of the ball bearings which were not put back into the original position inside the cage). I do not believe the CV's are the contributor of the vibe I am feeling. Guess I'll find out.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom