Driving with a blown o2 sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it bad for the engine when you've been driving with a blown o2 sensor? All I notice is crappy mileage and a little less power.

Carbon buildup and fouled plugs are a few things you'll see. I'd guess you could also clog your cats...

Your truck isn't fueling itself properly. You should really fix this ASAP.

parabola said:
Carbon buildup and fouled plugs are a few things you'll see. I'd guess you could also clog your cats...

Your truck isn't fueling itself properly. You should really fix this ASAP.

Crap, I've been driving on it for 2 mos now. :crybaby:

Mine threw a code for o2 sensors every couple months. I would reset it and go on. Then in a couple months it would throw it again. Is this your experience or is it immediatly throwing it and not resetable?

I drove with my intermitant bad sensors for over a year. Finally had the $ and got them from Dan.

Eventually you'll carbon up the whole top end and still need to replace the O2 sensors :rolleyes: Replace them and use some Seafoam and Redline "Total Fuel System Cleaner" before you end up spending more money. Prolly gonna want new plugs as well -

Tucker

tucker74 said:
Eventually you'll carbon up the whole top end and still need to replace the O2 sensors :rolleyes: Replace them and use some Seafoam and Redline "Total Fuel System Cleaner" before you end up spending more money. Prolly gonna want new plugs as well -

Tucker

I'm planning on doing that in the next 2 weeks once I get the cash. Replace the plugs, air filter, o2 sensor, and use the fuel system cleaner. Just making sure but a blown o2 sensor can cause a rough idle with vibration in the cab right?

nyk438 said:
I'm planning on doing that in the next 2 weeks once I get the cash. Replace the plugs, air filter, o2 sensor, and use the fuel system cleaner. Just making sure but a blown o2 sensor can cause a rough idle with vibration in the cab right?
You'll definately see rough idle. Vibration in the cab? From engine misfire maybe?

parabola said:
You'll definately see rough idle. Vibration in the cab? From engine misfire maybe?

Well, I feel the whole car vibrate, so I feel it in the cab it's not neccasarily comign from the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom