Driving Procedures for this Spot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, took the wife out last night to finish up her lessons and have her ready for the "Behind the Wheel" portion this Wednesday and I am stumped at how best to explain this situation to her.

Imagine instead of a green light this was a red, with the "Yield" being on the right like it is. If there was no reason to come to a full and complete stop, and no pedestrian, cycle, or other traffic, would you not indeed "Yield and Proceed" without stopping, as the "Yield" sign is immediately to your right, superceeding the "Red Light" on your left? *There are dedicated isolating lane lines in and out of the intersection, signifying it as "Separate" from the other lanes that have divided lines.

Picture%202.png

*If there weren't camera's there I'd roll over the yield sign and make it into a "Right Lane Must Stop Before Proceeding" and make it all dumbed-down simple.
Better yet, ask Santa to help a little? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymUhWPte67Q Last year someone was seen using a chisel and hammer on the asphalt sensor wiring in the right turn lane's magnetic sensor in each of the corners of this spot..

Last edited:
I called and asked my CHP buddy about this one.
He said that the right hand turn lane, in this situtation, is isolated from the intersection, therefore, you are correct. You can roll thru this area with out stopping as long as the pathway is clear.

The two are regulated as sepperate entities.

Good job Michael, I was thinking the same thing but you researched it:)

No Research I got a good friend who is a CHP I just hit speed dial #3, was easy

more research than I had

Thanks guys, yeah Mike, I figured it was a no-brainer for the exact same reasons..but I'll warn her to be wary as some DMV testers play stuff like it's different.

FWIW, I've been driving for more than 24 years, on public roads for 21 of those. Passed my written 100% and got a 99% on the driven, the tested tried to claim I wasn't stopped at a specific spot, but I had him with the fact that there was no way i could have gone into first gear without stopping as it would have made a noise trying to force it into shift. When someone shows up in your test lane with a 4 speed and it isn't the early 80's at latest, they know their stuff. :D

You all have way too much farkin free time on yer hands.
Don, are you guys bringin chain saw for fire Tues night ?

Chain saw and lighter...looking like plans are changing to a Tues. AM departure from Loon. But yes a chainsaw and of course a fire extinguisher just in case:D

Sorry Michael, didn't realize John had highjacked norcal's thread :doh:

Sorry Michael, didn't realize John had highjacked norcal's thread :doh:

:meh: nah Don it's OK because I think they're just gonna come out here with that equipment (chainsaw and lighter fluid) and fix the whole signage issue for us once and for all?

Well Guys?? You found a use for that obnoxiously lifted Hummer over by the Starbucks in Santa Rosa finally huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDG1Yngar3U

:hillbilly: We don't need no water, let the *-*'er burn, burn *-*'er burn?? :lol:

So now that the intersection thing is out of the way!

Say Don, so you are now leaving from loon on Tue morn, what time? and do you need/want some company for the run?

still two months away but looks like a tues mid morning departure from loon. Three rigs as of right now...my 40's and Mike Kulzer's 79 mini. You're sure welcome to join us Michael...lookin to go all the way through on Tues. Planning to be at Loon Mon. night now.

Point taken, not really club relevant, huh? End the topic already..

Last edited:
No Point Nor-cal, if you still have concerns regarding your intersection thing, give us rude thread pirates a boot, we will take no insult or offense in any way shape or form, well I wont anyway.

We will just go off and find a new thread to PIRATE!!

AARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom