Driving Experience: Superchared 6 vs. 98+ V8 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
High Country CO 2006-2014 -> SW Washington 2014
I am negotiating the purchase of a 97 with 80K, and having some cold feet about giving up my current v8 (seqouia), I'm looking for some feedback from those who have driven both superchared 96/97's and 98+ V8's. All feedback welcome.

Thank You,

Jeff
Frisco, CO

A blown 6 walks all over a naturally aspirated 4.7 V8.

Oh Gawd I can't wait until "you know who" sees that post!!!!!! Thanks Dan-O ;)
:beer: :popcorn:

...but for tech content, I completely agree with Dan. The off the line torque is just better in the s/c'd I-6. But having said that, you don't want to sit in a turbo'd truck... :hillbilly:

:flipoff2:

You are chicken...................;)

Oh, geeze Mike,

The question was specificaly directed to "supercharged" engines as opposed to turbocharged ones.:doh:

I would submit that a turbo 1FZ will spank a blown 1FZ, which means that in either case the V8 is still stuck in the parking lot....:flipoff2:

clownmidget said:
Oh Gawd I can't wait until "you know who" sees that post!!!!!! Thanks Dan-O ;)
:beer: :popcorn:

...but for tech content, I completely agree with Dan. The off the line torque is just better in the s/c'd I-6. But having said that, you don't want to sit in a turbo'd truck... :hillbilly:

I'm out for a few days too. Once "he who must not be named" sees this, we'll have to hear about the shock mod, and rear brake superiority as well.

Thank you for the feedback. I'm not sure I've been on the forum long enough to know who/what person your anticipating. The turbo/supercharer issue is one of dollars for me however, adn it would appear the turbo is 2x the amount. I just don't want to regret not having the V8 in everyday driving.
Thanks.

haha Who is "He who must not be named"?

How much is it to install a blower with all the components necessary, if you install it yourself?

I have a SC FZJ80 and a Sequoia. The LC with the SC is faster.

This is now way a "Shotty" question.

Buck

tenmile said:
I am negotiating the purchase of a 97 with 80K, and having some cold feet about giving up my current v8 (seqouia), I'm looking for some feedback from those who have driven both superchared 96/97's and 98+ V8's. All feedback welcome.

Thank You,

Jeff
Frisco, CO

Jeff,
You should buy the 100 with the V8 and send me the contact information on the blown '97 with 80K.

:D

-B-

-B-
Great idea! Actually the 80 is not charged yet, I used to own a 93 in 93-96 and after having the V8 I know I will want a little extra kick to the 97. I'm in love with the solid axle and external lines of the 80. A bit fearful of my final ticket price after upgrades- considering F/R ARB, 3-4" Lift, ARB Lockers, In-dash NAV, and Superchareger.

Thank you for all of your replies, next question is to do the SC install myself or have a Front Range Toyota Dealer do it? Slee?

Jeff

Sackman,

The cost if you install it yourself is the cost of the kit. The Kazuma kit comes with everything you need for the install.

Sans...meaning without :D

The AirLift 1000 series are inflatable air bags that fit inside the rear coil springs. The controller is just an air pump and pressure sensing switch that will maintain the pressure at whatever you set it to.

http://www.airliftcompany.com/

Not a lot of diff between CE and 40th--mostly paint and trim differences. They both have the much loved/hated climate control system. There are a number of posts on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom