"Driveway alignment" for SOA front end (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
May even see the front end done today on my SOA, re-seal, re-build brake system, blah, blah.......Anyway, I'm using bent steering arms (to clear the spring pack), different tie rod set, and a different axle. I am just guessing, but the front end may be out of alignment. Are any of you well versed and SKILLED in "Driveway alignment techniques"?
Thanks!

Well, hopefully the caster and camber are OK. I'm going to look for a magnetic angle guage this morning for setting the caster before I weld on the lower perches for my coils today. You can shim the axle to get caster numbers correct, but it would be nice if you did that before welding the new perches on.
Toe is pretty easy. The best way I have found is to mark the tire with a chalk line on the front of the tire. Take a measurement between them. Roll the truck so the line is at the back of the tire and measure again.
Specs are:
Toe .12in to .20 in
Castor 1 degree
Camber 1 degree

I'm using bent steering arms (to clear the spring pack), different tie rod set, and a different axle.

did you bend the knuckle arms?

No, I didn't bend the arms myself. I "traded" for the tie rods, and the steering arms from another Cruiserhead that had his mechanic "UNDO" his SOA. He bought the unit with an SOA and wanted it lowered for use as a daily driver. They look nice and clean by placing everything above the springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom