Drivetrain Vibration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been cruising this forum for a year or so and you guys have been great help in getting my FJ60 running well. But I've searched the threads and can't find an answer to this one.

I just finished installing a full OME Dakar lift on my FJ60 and I've got a bad vibration at about 50+ mph. It had no vibration before the lift,. Any ideas of what I can do to get it stopped?

Is it coming from the front or back? Did you disconnect the driveshafts when you put on the lift?

you've changed the angle of your u-joints by lifting the suspension. the old u-joints have found a wear pattern with the original orientation and now, they are protesting.

you may solve the problem by just driving it and wearing in a new pattern but my guess is that you may want to replace the u-joints with new. if you go new, use OEM parts as they are the strongest for your Cruiser. also, have a professional driveline shop do the joints for you. it's not that this job is difficult, but it is a major PITA and time consuming without a hydraulic press. chances are that your drive shafts will need some straightening and balancing as well which the pro shop can do for you at the same time.

hth,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Yep, exactly what dogboy2 said. I had the same kind of vibration on my cruiser also, after driving it for a while it was fine but it took a while for it to go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom