Drivetrain lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is a relatively common thing for the mini-truck guys to do. I think Roger at 4crawler even sells motor mount and trans mount lift spacers for mini-trucks. Has anyone done this with an 80 to get a little bit more belly clearance? I have a body lift and was wondering if I could raise my tcase 1"-2" without running into too many clearance issues? Or, to avoid any potential issues, also fabricate motor mount lift spacers? Obviously, the belly skid would have to be at least partially custom to realize any benefits. Are the potential gains even worth chasing, or would it be better just to get an Iron Pig skidplate and call it good?

Never heard of it, but probably can be done, might be good to check rad fan clearance but if you have a body lift already maybe it works fine.

I think skid plates and more suspension lift gets you what you need as well

You can't just raise the T case. The drive train is set at an particular angle so the drivelines are at the right angle to line up with the pinions to prevent vibrations. Changing that angle will introduce problems.

Since you have a body lift raising up the drive train is, in theory, possible. You'd need to design spacers or re engineer the mounting points on the frame for the engine and transmission to raise them all up the same amount.

I don’t believe there is a commercial option. It’s common in the Jeep world too.

You’d have to fabricate a raised motor mount or put a spacer under the stock unit. You will need to raise the T-case as well.

The hard part will be dealing with the fan shroud and radiator hoses. The exhaust may be an issue if your 80 in an underframer.

Huh, now that I’m thinking about it, I’ve never drivetrain lifted an automatic before.....

Sounds like a lot of work for little reward.

Check out the guy that is running 40's on a stock suspension. His truck is red, not sure his username.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom