Driveshafts Need HELP (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I called high angle drive line to get new driveshafts and he told me that the 100 series has a strange output pattern on the rear of the transfercase. Has anyone replaced a driveshaft if so who did you use? Or what was the "special" part needed on the rear of the TC?

Thanks,
Ryan.

Thanks I don't want to bother either Slee or Dan at work, since I may or may not be buying from them depending on the outcome. I guess I will just wait until they stroll in here and see my post.

Thanks,
Ryan.

scottryana said:
I don't have a 100. But my FJ55 has a 100 transfer case and FJ80 axles. I never had the original driveshafts so I can't have the old shafts re-worked.

You might try buying a used 100 shaft from a salvage yard and then have it re-worked to fit your application. You should able to track down one pretty cheap.

By the way, I love the build-up of your 55, that is going to be really sweet when it's done!

Greg B,

Thanks. I will try to find a used 100 shaft, if I can't find the CV? end that I need to mate up to the 100 TC.

Thanks for the encouragement on the 55 build at times it seems like it will never end :)

Ryan.

I agree with Greg. Check the internet for wreckers, I've seen a bunch of 100's and LX470's and some good used driveshafts are just a phone call away.

Do the 100 and 80 series axles share the same pinion bolt spacing? To make the 100 shaft work I would think that it would have to be the same on both ends, or else the modifications could get expensive??? Just a guess.

Ryan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom