Driveshaft slip yokes stolen.....JEEBUS. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
So my s*** got stolen a while back. They stripped the 350 5.7l down to the bare intake and block. Stole my rear shaft entirely and a bunch of other random s*** including my wiring harness. But I digress....

Previously my truck was at RTCustoms and had both slip yokes stolen off my front stock drive shaft and a 4 Runner double cardan front shaft while working on my cut and turn. Soooooo, gotta get a rear shaft. My thought is build a new rear from the stock front by somehow obtaining a slip yoke.

Nay or yay?

image.jpg

You can buy a long travel slip yoke, OEM Japanese manufacture, from All Pro Offroad. They use them for the minitruck / 4runner market that they service.
It's technically an 80 series front so you'll need to drill a new pattern at the diff for the flange. The kit includes the male and female slip, a yoke and u-joint. On the ++++ side, the front 80 yoke is a high angle yoke capable of ~45 deg articulation versus the 24~27 degrees that the 40 and 60 yokes have and it has and 8" slip versus 2 3/4~ 3 1/4" for the 40/60. This is a favorite of long travel buggy builders. Don't forget new driveshaft
bolts. The 80 front uses 10mm bolts. the ones you have are probably 11

https://www.allprooffroad.com/pickupdrivetrain/31

But would I be better of spending 350$ with Tom Woods and go custom rather than $300+ with Alproof PLUS cost of drive shaft shop re tubing & balancing the 3 cardan 4Runner front to fit my rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom