Driveshaft Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wfmarion.com
I have a 1984 FJ60 and bought a driveshaft off MUD from another 60 and it did not fit. Does anybody know what year they changed the u-joint coupling size? Thanks for the help!!

-FM

85 model year was the change. 84 and down uses the pattern that started in 1975 roughly.

Can you buy the flanges to fit the newer shafts to the older trucks? I just spent $125 getting it cut down to fit after the conversion and tehn it wouldnt bolt up. I didnt even think about checking beofre hand. IDIOT!

Can you buy the flanges to fit the newer shafts to the older trucks? I just spent $125 getting it cut down to fit after the conversion and tehn it wouldnt bolt up. I didnt even think about checking beofre hand. IDIOT!

You could just re-drill your existing flanges for the new pattern, and I think Cruiser Outfitters sells new flanges with several different hole patterns, but they are not cheap items. If that's the only mistake you ever make on your Land Cruiser, you are way ahead of the rest of us.

By chance is this a double cardan front driveshaft? If so PM me if you want to sell it. I could pick up to save you the trouble of shipping.

Knock the u-joint end yokes off your old shaft that bolt up to your old differential and transfer case companion flanges, and put them on your new drive shaft....the u-joints are the same.

Not that big of a deal really.

:meh:

The truck was without a drive shaft when I got it and I bought another one off an 87. I need the proper couplings in orer to make that work, that my problem. Does anyone have another drive shaft they would like to sell that would fit my 84.

I believe it is a double cardan shaft. If I dont use it I will be happy to sell it to you. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help guys.

A 1987 60 series would not have had a double-cardan front or rear drive shaft.

The were not ever used in the rear from the factory, and in the front only until 07/84, 08/84 and later did not have them.

:meh:

Hit up Trollhole; he should have the driveshaft parts you need.

Frankie-A later driveshaft would not be double cardan. if it is, it's an earlier shaft.

Poser is right-the best thing would be to find the least expensive 75-84 shaft you can find, and swap the yokes. I have a bunch of spare shafts, but shipping from here would cost more then they are worth.

...I believe it is a double cardan shaft. If I dont use it I will be happy to sell it to you...

Does it have two universal joints on one end?
DSC01978.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom